At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
The Operations Support Systems (OSS) division is primarily focused on the mission-critical information systems that enable Network Operations and Engineering forces to pro-actively interact with Network devices for the purpose of Fault Management, Configuration, Accounting management and Performance. As well, OSS is the secured foundation for many automated processes commanding massive data transfers between software platforms, such as billing Mediation and service activation functions.
The senior Systems Analyst is responsible for the administration and maintenance of Provisioning & Billing Systems that primarily run on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Operating systems. The environment is challenging and fast-paced, and the incumbent is required to be, but not limited to, on-call 24/7 for a period of one week every 3 to 4 weeks. This position reports to the Manager of OSS Mediation and is located in Montreal, Quebec. What you wil be doing: Provisioning & Billing Mediation Systems
Operate, Maintain and Expand capabilities of Business Critical Provisioning & Billing Mediation systems. The tasks will include Advanced System Admin tasks associated with the applications.
What you have:
- Analyze system logs and identifying potential issues with computer systems.
- Apply Application System updates, patches, and configuration changes.
- Responsibility for security of the platform
- Configure, add, and delete file systems according to common practices
- Design, develop, modify, debug and/or maintain software code according to functional, non-functional and technical design specifications.
- Research, design, coding, testing using Agile development methodology.
- Ownership and accountability of specific modules within an application and provides technical support and guidance during solution design.
- Investigate issues by reviewing/debugging code, provides fixes and workarounds, and review changes for operability & maintainability
- Conduct cost analysis and vendor comparisons with emphasis stability.
- Plan, create and execute MOPS for various maintenance activities on the mediation platforms with an emphasis on reducing service impact.
- Perform Manual and Automatic testing on various software, telecom and reporting systems.
- Deployment and management of systems in a virtualized environment (VMWare, Openstack, Openshift)
- A pertinent degree in computer science or related field.
- Strong knowledge of RHEL/Unix Sys Admin Level 3
- Must possess a working knowledge of IP Technology.
- Strong knowledge of scripting skills that used almost daily on maintenance activities.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills.
- Ability to automate systems administration tasks in Perl, scripts.
- Five years previous system administration experience.
- Hands-on working knowledge of telecommunications is a definite asset.
- Java Spring & related Java Programming experience
- Ability and experience in developing APIs.
- Knowledge of Containers (e.g. Docker) & Container Management Systems (e.g. Kubernetes, OpenShift)
Full time Shift:
Day Length of Contract:
Not Applicable (Regular Position) Work Location:
800, Gauchetiere O, Bureau 4000-Rogers(189), Montreal, QC Travel Requirements:
Up to 25% Posting Category/Function:
Technology & Information Technology Requisition ID:
157337 Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com
to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.
Posting Notes: [[req_strategyPage]]