Senior staff accountant, Assurance, Private Client Services
Reference ID: MON001R7
From small businesses to some of the world's best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data - and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You'll use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex audit procedures across a broad range of industries and responsibilities.
As an Assurance Senior, you will be a professional member of the EY Private Client Services team. Together with our substantial investments in technology, knowledge, and learning resources for our audit professionals, you will be part of the team that delivers quality assurance services to our clients and their stakeholders
Your key responsibilities
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a career opportunity as a Senior Staff Accountant for our PCS Assurance group. Our PCS practice provides specialized audit, accounting, and review services (review engagements, notices to reader, compilation), as well as personal and corporate tax and business advisory services to individuals and privately owned businesses.
Skills and attributes for success
• Within a team, complete audit, review and compilation (Notice To Reader) engagements
• Prepare complete sections of working files (i.e., a complete section includes: analytical review, evaluation of evidence and conclusion), small working files, financial statements and notes
• Actively participate in engagement planning
• Lead engagement teams while coaching and mentoring junior team members
• Raise identified technical issues with manager or engagement partner
• Prepare personal and corporate tax returns
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills to liaise with clients, team members and external parties
• Proven organizational skills
• Effective time management skills
• Team-work orientation
To qualify for the role you must have
• CPA auditor designation or CPA Auditor candidate
• Completed undergraduate degree in accountancy or equivalent
• Minimum of two to three years' relevant experience in an accounting firm working with private clients
• Solid knowledge of MS Office, Caseware/Caseview and Taxprep
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in both French and English
Ideally, you'll also have
• The ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic team-oriented environment
What we look for
We're interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you'll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. If you're ready to take on some of our clients' most complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Posted: April 17, 2019
Closes: June 16, 2019