800 rue de la Gauchetiere O
Job Family Group:
Customer Shared ServicesEnsure that all letters of credit and documentary collections transactions are handled in accordance with International Rules & Regulations i.e. (UCP600, URR 725, ISP98, URDG 758 and URC 522) with specific attention being paid to compliance and documentary and settlement risks inherent in these transactions, specifically:
Qualifications: 3 to 5 years of related experience. University degree or CDCS designation preferred. Thorough knowledge of uniform rules governing letters of credit. Proven accuracy with alphanumeric data entry supplemented with strong organizational skills. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills Strong customer service and relationship management skills Strong written and oral communication skills Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment WORKING CONDITIONS May be required to work on statutory holidays and within differing time zones as dictated by the business. We're here to help
- Perform Issuance of Import Letter of Credit, Document Examinations, processing Payments, discounts and financing transactions including Documentary Collections within the bank's authorized limits.
- Ensure service level agreements are consistently met and that customer service is maintained at a high level.
- Effectively manage the risks associated with all trade related transactions.
- Closely review transactions ensuring full compliance with regulations and Bank requirements.
- Ensure strict confidentiality is maintained for both customer and Bank information to protect the customer and the Bank and to ensure compliance with Bank Policy and Procedures.
- Follow security and safeguarding procedures and apply appropriate due diligence in accordance with Bank policy for the prevention of loss due to such things as fraud or defalcation.
- Acquire and maintain a high level of competence and awareness in trade related matters.
- Assist in building relationships with internal business partners, as appropriate, through daily interaction. Partner with other operational areas to ensure delivery of timely, quality and efficient processing activities.
- Demonstrate efficient and effective use of the processing systems.
- Bilingualism (French & English) is an asset.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Banking, Finance and Insurance Sales and Marketing