800 rue de la Gauchetiere O
Job Family Group:
Customer Shared Services
Provides support and delivers operational processes to ensure timely and accurate processing of international trade transactions related to goods and services. Handles Import and Export Letters of Credit including Standby Letters of Credit and Bank Guarantees, Clean/Documentary Collections and Drafts. Ensures compliance with all regulatory topics and reporting requirements related to the products and processes it supports.
We're here to help
- Supports change management of varying scope and type; tasks typically focused on execution and sustainment activities.
- Organizes work information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Executes routine tasks such as service requests, transactions, queries etc. within relevant service level agreements.
- May function as a problem solving resource for more junior staff.
- Processes transactions, audit/reconciliation activities and/or actions internal business partner and/or external customer inquiries/requests as defined by documented policies, processes and procedures. Ensures all Service Level Agreements(SLAs) are consistently met and that customer service is maintained at a high level.
- Checks and reconciles information and documentation to ensure accuracy and completeness and to manage risks associated with transactions. Includes (but is not limited to) reviewing transactions to ensure full compliance with regulations and Bank requirements and maintaining confidentiality of both customer and Bank information.
- Analyzes data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Identifies and analyzes issues and problems, and resolves discrepancies in a timely manner. Deals with clients directly to resolve issues and/or escalates as required.
- Communicates and collaborates with internal and external stakeholders in order to deliver on business objectives.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with internal & external stakeholders to execute work and fulfill service delivery expectations.
- Collaborates in development/implementation of new processes/systems and changes/improvements to existing systems and processes.
- Understands the regulatory requirements and risks inherent in the operations and ensures appropriate actions are taken and operational integrity is maintained.
- Supports the development of tools and delivery of training focused on delivering business results.
- Completes complex & diverse tasks within given rules/limits and may include handling escalations from other employees.
- Analyzes issues and determines next steps.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
Working on Canadian Holidays to support US businesses
- Typically between 2 - 3 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study desirable or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge and experience using relevant systems and technology.
- Knowledge of international rules governing letter of credit practice - Good.
- Knowledge and understanding of the business unit's key products and services, processes and controls - Good.
- Knowledge of the risk and regulatory requirements of the business - Good.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills - Good.
- Prioritization skills - Good.
- Customer service skills - Good.
- French verbal and written communication skills are an asset.
- PC skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) - Good.
- Specialized knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills - Good.
- Organization skills - Good.
- Collaboration & team skills - Good.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - Good.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Banking, Finance and Insurance Sales and Marketing