Security at TELUS
Ready to elevate the customer experience with a world-class suite of security capabilities fit for the changing needs of every business? Prevent. Protect. Prevail.
We live in a fast-paced, online world where safeguarding our digital assets and intellectual property has become paramount. At TELUS Security, we strive to always be steps ahead, tackling the toughest security challenges head-on with top talent and cutting edge technology. As a division of one of Canada's largest IT Solutions providers, our practice provides both private and public enterprises across Canada with the broadest and most advanced range of cybersecurity offerings.
Our client-centred approach is built around risk-based cybersecurity where we can help business stakeholders strategically identify their critical assets and quantify potential and prioritized risk, as a foundation to improving cybersecurity posture. From the provision of 'clean pipes' to mitigate DDoS attacks through to leveraging the collective intelligence gathered from TELUS' own network, each day, we aim to deliver top-notch services. Our solutions enhance our customers' ability to detect, analyze, and investigate cyber-threats and vulnerabilities.
Ranked as Canada's leading Managed Security Services provider by IDC's MarketScape Survey, we provide organizations with the most comprehensive security portfolio in Canada backed by a 24/7 security operations centre, national presales and delivery resources.
Sales is a contact sport and we provide top-notch coaches, strategy, training, resources, support and inspiration for you to succeed. We have tons of fun and embrace celebrating individual and collective success. As Security Senior Sales Specialists
, you are a transformative team player, with an innate ability to motivate those around you. It's a challenging, consultative role, with equal parts of autonomy and collaboration. At the core of your talents, is your ability to build strong rapport with and sell to all levels and contacts.
If you're ready to bring your A-game to the field of Security to expand and strengthen our client base, read on... Sales at TELUS. Join our team
At TELUS, we're looking for accomplished sales professionals who are obsessed with winning high margin business via positioning and closing on transformation ideas with clients at the executive and C-level.
Our Security Senior Sales Specialists role is a strategic seller that exceeds client expectations and surpasses sales targets. As part of the TELUS Security team, you represent the TELUS brand, values & promise.
We are not your standard (traditional) sales organization. We are passionately curious about our customers' businesses and the drivers that keep owners and executives focused on their key priorities and partner with them on all-important journeys together.
It's a challenging, consultative role, with equal parts of autonomy and collaboration. Here's what WE believe
• We are ONE team, team selling is the norm and we celebrate each other's wins
• We challenge the status quo and when others think we're great, we strive to be excellent
• We live up to our commitments to ourselves, our friends, family, peers, leaders, customers and we strive to make a real difference in the communities where we work and live
• Our success is all about how we do things, how we think, solve problems, deliver, communicate, and more Here's the impact you'll make and what we'll accomplish together
In this customer-facing, revenue generating role, you will interface with, and sell to, all levels and contacts across the mid-market space. You will analyze the customer environment in order to identify areas where TELUS Security can add value and address specific business needs. You will also focus on selling consulting, outsourcing, staff augmentation and managed services. Additionally, working alongside the account Sales Executive, you will ensure we maximize our existing service relationship by growing our services and associated revenues. Here's how
• Enthusiastically articulate the transformation stories associated with TELUS' Security service offerings
• Identify, qualify, advance and win new opportunities with or without the account Sales Executive
• Meet and exceed revenue sales objectives and growth monthly recurring revenues
• Manage a range of opportunities, the associated reporting and account planning to support the achievement of sales objectives
• Maintain high levels of knowledge and expertise regarding our Security products and services and Information Technology (IT) services
• Ensure existing equipment maintenance and managed service customers are contacted well in advance of their contracts expiring
• Engage and work closely with extended team members including account Sales Executives and the broader account team: other Sales Specialists, Managed IT Services & Security Solution Architects, Product Managers, Operations Managers, Service Managers, and others, in order deliver to required support and value for our clients
• Manage client expectations throughout the sales cycle, ensuring TELUS' role as a trusted advisor
• Prepare proposals, presentations, quotations, contracts, and supporting documentation
• Negotiate contracts and agreements Qualifications: You're the missing piece of the puzzle
• Business acumen and finance based selling skills: Understanding of customer goals, objectives and operations
• Transformation level storytelling and solution selling experience; comfortable presenting to a client's C-level leadership team on concepts and outcomes relevant to their position in the organization
• End to end knowledge of the sales cycle and how to effectively launch and execute a sales pursuit
• Solid knowledge regarding the prevalent technologies, benefits and risks inherent within Cloud, IT services and Cybersecurity marketplace
• Track record of changing client's thinking around build-buy-run to strategic partnering
• Solid Information Technology understanding including technical, as well as operational knowledge required to credibly represent and add value around: Knowledge:
• Managed Security Services
• Consulting capabilities around key security technologies
• Advanced threat intelligence & analytics
• Ability to construct a convincing business case, express it clearly and gain consensus around decisions, plans and actions
• Ability to manage and translate business requirements into enabling solutions
• Expert in your field:
• Have individual targets for security products & services, with uncapped earning potential
• Identify, initiate, qualify and close opportunities to exceed growth and revenue targets
• Negotiate contracts and agreements
• Create/identify, qualify and close opportunities to exceed the sales-related objectives by representing the complete range of TELUS Security Solutions (Managed Security Services, Integrated Security Solutions, Consulting Security Services)
• Help grow revenue and market share for Security products and services mostly in the mid-market segments
• Proactive Planner:
• Effectively manage a range of opportunities, the associated reporting and account planning to support the achievement of sales objectives
• Prepare proposals, presentations, quotations, contracts, and supporting documentation
• Big Thinker:
• Effectively position the ROI of technology investments to senior executives
• Understand and analyze customer's businesses in order to identify areas where the broad range of TELUS Security Solutions add value and address specific business needs
• Maintain high levels of knowledge and expertise regarding our customers, their industries, associated risk, managed services and information security technology requirements
• Customer Service Advocate:
• Champion TELUS inside of customer organizations and advocate for the customer inside of TELUS
• Establish and expand valued business relationships with clients and other industry influencers allowing you to add value across the broad range of security requirements our customers have
• Manage client expectations throughout the sales cycle, positioning TELUS as a trusted advisor
• Supportive Team Player/Leader:
• Quarterback an interdependent account team of inside sales, account managers, technical pre-sales and executive leadership as required
• Collaborative Communicator:
• Build good working relationships with cross functional teams including broader account teams (other sales specialists, security solution architects, product managers, operations managers, service managers, and others)
• Establishing effective relationships with customer stakeholders at all levels of your client's organization
• Solid knowledge regarding the prevalent technologies, benefits and risks inherent within the Information Security marketplace
• A solid understanding of IT including technical and operational knowledge required to credibly represent and add value
• Implementation and consulting capabilities around key security technologies
• knowledge on threat intelligence and analytics
• "Solution Selling" - end to end knowledge of the sales cycle and how to effectively launch and execute a sales pursuit Skills & Abilities:
• Analytical skills - ability to construct a convincing business case, express it clearly and gain consensus around decisions, plans and actions
• Presentation skills Education:
• design and deliver effective presentations one-to-one and to groups at executive levels
• excellent presentation of RFP responses, especially for the public sector
• Problem Solving - Ability to manage and translate business requirements into enabling solutions
• Change Management - ability to work effectively with shifting demands and rapid change (B2B environment)
• Organizational skills - ability to plan, coordinate, and monitor a significant number of functions/tasks simultaneously
• Interpersonal/Negotiation skills - exceptional listening and communication skills and ability to build rapport with customers and diverse audiences in a variety of settings
• Finance based selling skills - ROI, TCO analysis
• Business and technical acumen - demonstrated ability to identify and articulate financially sound TELUS solutions to customer's business problems through understanding the technologies, products, services, and resources
• Client-Service skills - Strong sensitivity to customer needs and situations and capable of negotiating mutually satisfactory resolutions
• Bachelor of Business Administration or Bachelor of Commerce degree
• Security industry certifications an asset
• Participation in industry training programs an asset Experience:
• Minimum of 8 years of corporate IT service sales experience with 2 year of experience in IT Services, Cloud and/or Security-related sales
• Minimum of 5 years of corporate sales experience selling to the large enterprise or mid-market segments
• Extensive experience working with clients at the C-level
• Demonstrated experience in effectively using systems and tools to increase productivity, prepare sales forecasts and create customer account plans Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn't matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you
create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.