Permanent Primary Location:
Montreal, Quebec, Canada All Available Locations:
Montreal Job Description
Deloitte Consulting's "Engagement Financial Services Practice" is comprised of Project Controls professionals serving as a focal point for financial aspects of project, program, and account management. Senior project controllers provide project controls knowledge for the entire project management team(s). Their greatest value is in the understanding and application of project business and financial processes both at the individual projects level and at client accounts level.Responsibilities:
Senior Project Controllers (SPC) are responsible for supporting one or more project/engagement teams through successful management of the financial analysis and reconciliation process and the implementation of project management controls. SPCs often oversee the activities of more junior project controller staff, including supervision, task management and deliverable quality reviews. On any given assignment, the SPC may be responsible for preparing and leading the following activities:
- Perform various financial analysis such as reconciliations and variance analysis;
- Manage activities to prepare budgets and forecasts and to project and track financial values such as revenue, expense, etc.;
- Interact frequently with senior level internal and external clients and firm leadership to present various analysis, discuss recommendations and provide project financial advice;
- Able to build complex financial reporting models in excel and customize project financial reporting
- Track expenditures and perform the client bill and receivable collection functions;
- Perform and manage project management office (PMO) functional tasks and perform day-to-day contract management activities;
- Conduct quality reviews of and provide feedback on the technical work products of junior resources;
- Develop and implement standards and processes for project management, quality management, and risk management;
- Support the growth and career development of junior resources by serving as an informal mentor and, as assigned, a formal Counselor to junior staff, providing them with regular career and professional development guidance;
- Participate in formal mid-year and year end performance assessment activities for assigned counselees;
- Contribute to the growth and development of the overall Engagement Financial Services Practice through active involvement in one or more practice initiatives;
- Prepare and facilitate firm training sessions on a variety of topics and methodologies.
Your role as a senior staff member at Deloitte:
- Identify and embrace our purpose and values,and put them into practice when executing daily tasks/activities
- Enhance personal development skills by actively seeking opportunities for growth, sharing knowledge and experiences with others, and acting as a strong brand ambassador for the firm
- Seek challenging opportunities across businesses and borders and take accountability for personal and team results
- Build relationships and communicate effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders
- Understand objectives for clients and Deloitte, align your work to objectives, and set personal priorities
- University Degree. Major in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business Management;
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience in a financial analysis role;
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience with the entire Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced level PowerPoint and expert Excel Skills (Excel certification will be an asset);
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed (frequency is dependent on the office location and project assignments);
- Experience producing and delivering appropriate communications to the Executive Level;
- Experience summarizing results and producing management reports;
- Outstanding attention to detail and adherence to project deadlines;
- Ability to work effectively, both independently and as a member of a team;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to "think outside the box" while identifying problems and developing creative solutions.
Get your career off to a great start. What impact will you make?
- Experience supervising and/or managing resources;
- Experience working with a variety of contracting types (e.g., time and materials, fixed price) and billing scenarios;
- Experience developing project pricing models and performing scenario analysis;
- Experience in a client-service environment; consulting experience is a plus.
We're always looking for people with the relentless energy to drive and push themselves further to find new avenues and unique ways of reaching our shared goals. At Deloitte, we know that being the undisputed leader means empowering our people to be the very best they can be - so they can make an impact that matters for clients, colleagues and the community, and for their own careers.
We offer a truly differentiated talent experience that empowers our people with unlimited opportunities to do meaningful work and to grow, learn, and lead at every point in their career. Deloitte's newly designed offices offer unique workspaces that strengthen connections, inspire innovative ways of working, and provide the necessary tools to help you make an impact that matters. And with our global reach and network, you'll always be part of the Deloitte community.
"Once Deloitte, always Deloitte." Lead yourself. Lead a team. Lead the firm. It's all possible at Deloitte.
Deloitte is one of Canada's leading professional services firms, providing audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services across Canada. At Deloitte, we combine industry insight with a deep understanding of today's local and global business challenges to give our clients the intelligent, practical and principled solutions they need to resolve both today's and tomorrow's challenges. Let Deloitte show you how to push your career to the next level. And let your story unfold.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply now × Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply