Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Job Description
The Senior Private Banker (SPB) will act as a Relationship Manager (RM) for Private Banking (PB) and focus on client product/solution fulfillment and the serving the accounts of High Net Worth (HNW) clientele to ensure a TD branded legendary client experience. The SPB will work closely with key partners in Private Wealth Management, HNW Direct Investing and the broader TD organization to provide clients with integrated HNW solutions.
- Recommend, implement and service of all banking related products and solutions (credit and cash management).
- Apply deep knowledge of the following in order to ensure that clients receive a legendary HNW client experience:
- Banking products and solutions;
- Banking processes systems and operations
- Understand and interpret the elements of Financial Planning Plans (i.e. advice recommendations).
- Assess that PB products/solutions continue to meet client needs, on a proactive basis and make recommendations as needed.
- Work collaboratively in a team based model to reinforce TD's value proposition and common goals.
- Identify opportunities in the existing client base to refer to Wealth, Commercial and other parts of TDBG to increase TD's share of wallet.
- Maximize profitability through a consistent application of the Private Banking fees and pricing.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and understanding of PB, TDBG policies and procedures, industry trends and protect the interests and reputation of TDBG and its clients by continuous compliance to them.
- Represent Private Wealth Management and TDBG to the general public in a professional manner.
- Participate in the local community by acting as a brand ambassador in support of TDBG charities and initiatives.
- Contribute to center leadership by acting as a mentor to Private Banking Associates and Private Client Service Associates
- Foster and contribute to a positive and constructive work environment.
- Undergraduate Degree
- Financial Planner diploma from IQPF
- Canadian Securities Course (CSC) or Investment Funds in Canada (IFIC)
- Professional designations such as the Certified Retirement Specialist (CRS), Chartered Strategic Wealth Professional (CSWP), Chartered Investment Manager (CIM), Trust & Estate Practitioner (TEP) are desirable.
- Prior experience in lending and product solution fulfillment in Banking Products.
- Knowledge of or prior experience with a Wealth Management environment.
- General knowledge across all Wealth products and solutions with deep knowledge of all credit, cash management, investments and specifically complex credit.
- Proven ability to identify Banking, Wealth and Commercial opportunities for referral and fulfillment with other lines of business.
- High degree of capability in building deep relationships with HNW clients and establishing HNW relationships with Private Banking and Private Wealth.
- Ability to understand and assess pre-established financial plans of varying complexity and make banking product/solution recommendations.
- Disciplined and organized individual with the ability to work collaboratively with Partners in Private Wealth, Wealth and TD.
- Strong knowledge of or the ability to quickly learn banking and risk, operations and procedures.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Proven personal credibility and accountability.
- Conscientious with a proven passion for creating a legendary client experience at every opportunity.
- Demonstrated high attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills - oral and written in French and in English
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Banking, Finance and Insurance