Permanent Primary Location:
Montreal, Quebec, Canada All Available Locations:
Alma; Amos; Brossard; Burlington; Bécancour; Calgary; Chicoutimi; Dolbeau; Drummondville; Edmonton; Farnham; Fredericton; Gatineau; Granby; Grand-Mère; Halifax; Hawkesbury; Jonquière; Kanata; Kitchener; La Baie; La Sarre; Langley; Laval; London; Markham; Matane; Mississauga; Moncton; Montreal; Niagara; Normandin; Ottawa; Prince Albert; Prince George; Quebec City; Regina; Rimouski; Roberval; Rouyn-Noranda; Saint John; Saint-Hyacinthe; Saskatoon; Sept-Îles; Sherbrooke; St-Félicien; St. John's; Toronto; Trois-Pistoles; Trois-Rivières; Val D'Or; Vancouver; Vaughan; Victoria; Windsor; Winnipeg
External Posting Description
The National Assurance Services is a group within Deloitte's National Office that assists Deloitte audit professionals address complex issues when delivering assurance and advisory services to a broad range of businesses operating in Canada and abroad. The National Assurance Services is looking for a Senior or Assistant who specializes in Private Company Services. The professional will assist the National Assurance Services in supporting various audit and assurance activities.
Duties will include working with a team of professionals who specialize in assurance to anticipate the needs of the Canadian Assurance practice for high-quality documents aimed at ensuring the efficient and effective completion of financial statement audits and other assurance engagements designed specifically for the range of Private Company Audit Services. Various aspects of this position will also require interactions with the leaders of the Private Company Audit Services.
As an important member of the National Assurance Group, you will:
- Analyze the data and produce reports that facilitate the decision-making process.
- Help draft the audit and assurance content for Audit Private professionals, by one or multiple financial reporting frameworks Canada (ASPE, NFPO, PSAS or pension plans), as well as Canadian generally accepted auditing standards;
- Contribute to the range of Audit Private services by developing audit tools, models, guides and checklists and by responding to professionals' questions and requests;
- Acquire solid knowledge of the various tools, methods and software of the range of Audit Private services available to Assurance professionals in order to help teams use these tools;
- Assist, as a participant or facilitator, in audit learning activities in Canada; may also be called upon to contribute to the development of the learning materials;
- Advise the National Office on the use of National tools and guidelines - provide a professional perspective to improve the support provided to the Private Company Audit group by the National Office;
- Directly collaborate with consulting authorities or other experts in Canada and internationally to complete the deliverables.
External Posting Qualifications
Join Deloitte and bring back that loving feeling. And love the company you keep.
- Must have a CPA, CA or equivalent;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French;
- A minimum of two to five years of relevant work experience;
- Knowledge of one or multiple one or multiple financial reporting frameworks Canada (ASPE, NFPO, PSAS or pension plans), as well as Canadian generally accepted auditing standards and Audit Private methodology;
- Good understanding of the objectives of the Private Company Audit group's range of services in order to effectively contribute to the adaptation of the group's assurance documents;
- Strong interpersonal skills and confidence, including the ability to work with others;
- Teamwork, willingness to support the needs of the team (e.g., ability and willingness to redefine priorities to meet the group's changing needs) and team supervision and motivation, as needed;
- Organized and rigorous approach regarding tasks;
- Proven ability to assume all responsibilities related to the project management cycle;
- Ability to quickly understand complex issues and scenarios;
- Demonstrated ability to organize projects and manage the various work streams leading to the timely delivery of services;
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Sharepoint).
At Deloitte we are redefining what it means to be a professional services firm. We know that business as usual just won't cut it. Our culture is built on the collaboration, flexibility and innovation needed to perform at the highest levels and exceed expectations.
We offer a unique Talent Experience that empowers our people with opportunities to do meaningful work and to grow, learn, and lead at every point in their career.Lead yourself. Lead a team. Lead the firm. It's all possible at Deloitte.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply now × Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply