To ensure the efficient operation of WSPs internal Network services, we are seeking a talented and experienced Senior Network Infrastructure Specialist. This role will report to the Global Manager of Network Infrastructure.
As Senior Network Infrastructure Specialist your primary focus will be to maintain the integrity of the deployed asset data, document how it is deployed, proactively evaluate how it is operating, and develop plans to optimize the environment. MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
ACADEMIC AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Working on highly complex matters and assignments of large scope, impact, and importance.
- Working with professionals and management to identify opportunities for improvements in people, processes, and technology.
- Leading team members on the development of methods, techniques, and various analytical approaches.
- Guiding team members to solve significant problems/issues.
- Proactive management and performance of service suppliers and/or manufacturer activities to align with expected service levels.
- Establishing & maintaining standards, processes & procedures relating to the operation of all aspects of the services.
- Remaining current in the knowledge and use of technology to provide recommendations for improving the consistency and cost effectiveness of the services.
- Ensuring that appropriate documentation is available and accurate.
- Develop, monitor, and manage metrics and KPIs to proactively assess infrastructure performance and capacity.
- Creating, executing, and managing repeatable routines that proactively identify improvements.
- Conducting regular scheduled capacity planning/management activities.
- Developing and implementing plans to proactively remediate identified performance, health, or capacity issues.
- Auditing for standards compliance.
- Supporting activities for IT regulations and compliance.
- Enhancing and enforcing service transition processes that protect the stability of network operations.
- Planning for the execution of business continuity testing, reporting, and gap resolution.
- Supporting problem management to resolve recurring issues.
- Support the IT budget process by providing input and direction as it relates to infrastructure and services.
- Manage the lifecycle of infrastructure hardware components, software, licenses, and support subscriptions.
- Own & maintain the integrity of the network asset data across all IT platforms.
- Evaluating and improving the effectiveness of operational monitoring.
The ideal candidate would meet all, or most of the below criteria:
SKILLS/ COMPETENCIES/ OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- At least 6-8 years relevant and practical experience in a Network operations role.
- Extensive in-depth knowledge of Network services and infrastructure.
- Vendor certifications not a requirement, proven practical experience preferred.
- Experience working in large/global enterprise IT with multiple distributed branch/campus sites.
- Experience of working within ITIL aligned Service Management organisation.
- Practical experience in managing large, complex, multi-vendor networks that include WAN, Wired & Wireless LAN, Perimeter Security, Security Services Edge (SSE), Application Delivery Controllers/ Load Balancing, Cloud Networking, and Remote Access VPN.
- Experience in managing networks that encompass the following technologies is advantageous:
- Software-Defined-WAN (preferably Aruba/Silver Peak)
- Cloud Networking (preferably Microsoft Azure)
- Cloud-based Internet Security (preferably Zscaler Internet Access)
- Unified Communications (preferably Microsoft Teams)
- Remote Access Solutions (preferably Zscaler Private Access & Cisco AnyConnect)
- Multi-vendor LAN switching (preferably Cisco and Aruba)
- Multi-vendor wireless LAN (preferably Cisco and Aruba)
- Next Generation Perimeter firewall technologies (preferably Palo Alto)
- Application Delivery Controllers & Load Balancing (preferably F5 Networks)
- Identity and Access Control Policy platform (preferably Cisco Identify Services Engine)
- Experience in Network Automation and DevOps practices is highly desirable.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to interact with all layers of management.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and little to no instructions.
- Strong leadership and coaching skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, with excellent documentation abilities.
- Excellent analytical and diagnostic problem-solving skills with the ability of providing solutions to identified problems.
- Demonstrated experience in understanding and demonstrating compliance with information security requirements.
- Knowledge and experience in performing information security practices in the management and delivery of infrastructure and operations.
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.