Senior Manager – Working Capital (Capital Transformation)
Reference ID: MON001QN
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Working Capital Advisory Services Senior Manager, you'll help make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. Our team of strategic advisors sits at the heart of a global team of restructuring specialists who deliver high quality advice to our clients.
EY has an established industry leading Transaction Advisory Services Practice. We help clients determine the right deal to do, and then assist them in doing the deal right. We are a growing practice that has the resources to serve any client, anywhere in the world. With so many offerings, you will have the opportunity to develop your career in a friendly, collaborative environment through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Our Working Capital and Cash Flow Transformation Practice works with companies, acquirers and private equity firms, to identify value creation opportunities that exist within companies or a potential acquisition candidate to improve business process performance and release excess cash from working capital. This team is looking to grow rapidly in Canada and we are looking for talented professionals to support the growth.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior manager, you will be part of the Working Capital and Cash Flow Transformation Practice team helping our clients determine the right deal to do, and then assist them in doing the deal right. You will actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal relationships as well as develop relationships with team members across all EY practices to service client needs. With guidance from partners, you'll also identify potential business opportunities for EY, with the aim to develop robust and long term client relationships and networks.
Skills and attributes for success
• Effectively lead and motivate engagement teams in assessing a business' current business policies, procedures; identifying root causes that result in sub-optimal working capital position and develop recommendations to provide management to achieve identified cash flow improvements. Following assessment, continue to lead and support both the team and client in the implementation journey
• Be able to present issues, findings and solutions effectively in both a concise written and oral format
• Demonstrate high levels of technical and professional knowledge and quickly assimilate new knowledge. Keep up-to-date with current developments and trends in advisory services capabilities and industry knowledge
• Manage client relationships while executing projects, working with key company management and Private Equity stakeholders. Deliver a high degree of client satisfaction with the engagement process and work products sufficient to drive additional and repeated engagements
• Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support and coaching, maintaining communication, and updating senior team members on progress
• Assist in managing the financial aspects of engagements by organizing staffing, tracking fees and communicating issues to project leaders
• Lead and support business development activities to sell work through development of internal EY and external client relationship networks
• Provide support, guidance and vision in improving and enhancing the team's practice delivery methodology
To qualify for the role you must have
• A bachelor's degree and a minimum 8 years of related work experience with an established consulting firm or an internal consulting role at a large corporation
• Experience as a consultant in leading and delivering successful Business Process Improvement projects
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with experience and knowledge in extracting, mining and visualizing big data sets
• Willingness and ability to travel, when necessary; travel is estimated at 50% but is subject to project requirements
• Experience in delivering projects that cover the full life cycle of assessment, design and implementation support
• Subject matter expertise in one or multiple of the following areas:
• Supply Chain Optimization, including sales and operations planning, manufacturing operational efficiency, logistics and fulfilment; Procurement, including supplier negotiation, supplier relationship management, category planning, strategic sourcing and vendor audits, Finance process improvement including billing optimization, collections and dispute management and shared service optimization; Operational cost reduction; Process benchmarking and maturity assessments
• Strong business process improvement skills and experience (i.e. Six Sigma, Lean)
• Strong project management skills and experience (e.g. PMP)
• Strong analytical skills (i.e. MS Access / SQL / Alteryx knowledge is a preference)
Ideally, you'll also have
• Excellent problem solving, project management, facilitation and interpersonal skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and confidence in presenting to Executives in French and English (must)
• Professional designation and/or qualification preferred (i.e. MBA, CPA, P.Eng)
What we look for
We're interested in talented professionals with the ability to visualize our clients' goals and think creatively to facilitate them - often in politically charged environments. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, and a genuine passion for taking on new challenges, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Posted: April 21, 2019
Closes: June 20, 2019