Permanent Primary Location:
Montreal, Quebec, Canada All Available Locations:
External Posting Description
Deloitte's Value Creation Services (VCS) team offers its clients cross-functional advisory services when deadlines are often urgent. We help solve our client's most complex business and performance challenges, whether they be in thriving or distressed business transformation situations, or the cut-and-thrust environment of M&A . . . or in most cases, all of the above!
The VCS team works in many industries but has a particular focus on Consumer, Industrials, Energy and Natural Resources, Cannabis and Financial Services. You can read more about the industries supported o n our website https://www2.deloitte.com/ca/en.html
We focus on:
- Enterprise Profitability (EP) : Our EP Service identifies and implements opportunities that radically improve its client's EBITDA and cash flow. The service helps clients with rapid revenue and market growth initiatives; cost reduction; working capital optimization; and business model transitions, transformations and modernization.
- Pre-Deal Diligence (DD) : Our DD Service offers Operational, IT, Commercial and HR due diligence to help clients drive informed bids, frame out risk factors, uncover value potential through synergy reviews, and get a head start on post-merger integration planning.
- M&A Execution (MA) : Our MA Service works with clients pre- and post-signing to design, plan and execute merger and acquisition transition programs. Our work helps to maximize the deal value, minimize Day 1 disruption, accelerate and de-risk deal closing. This service also helps clients to determine their future state operating model by function and develop and implement the roadmap to close and beyond.
Long Description About the role and role expectations
As a Senior Manager, you'll have the opportunity to work across the full range of VCS services at times, although we expect that you will primarily focus on delivering one of the three services based on your skills and experience. Whatever your role, you will have three broad responsibilities: Client Engagements
- Use your and the firm's broader technical and industry expertise to plan and execute client engagements;
- Manage multiple priorities as you lead teams of approximately 2-5 professionals in the delivery of both client engagements and internal practice/firm initiatives;
- Build relationships, and work collaboratively, with colleagues from other Deloitte Canada service lines and/or other Deloitte member firms internationally, to augment the solutions that VCS offers to its clients;
- Cultivate strong relationships with senior clients and help to drive a high degree of client satisfaction on engagements;
- Work directly with the Partner group to identify and qualify new business opportunities, structure proposal responses and close the sale to help achieve overall VCS team revenue objectives;
- Build and work internal and external professional networks to open new channels to serve our clients' needs;
People Development and Practice Management
- Participate in the development and delivery of Deloitte's training programs and services;
- Support the management and development of the VCS practice, including coaching and mentoring other practitioners, while promoting a diverse and inclusive work environment aligned with Deloitte's values;
- Embrace and live our firm's purpose - to make an impact that matters - by pushing yourself and your team to identify solutions to challenges that are most important for our clients, people, and society.
External Posting Qualifications
Successful candidates will generally have:
- A Bachelor's degree and/or a minimum of approximately 7 years of related work experience in professional services or similar strategic roles in industry;
- Preference will be given to candidates with a professional designation (CPA-CA/CMA, LSS Black Belt amongst others) and/or a Masters (including MBA).
Experience, skills and attributes
- Proven core consulting skills, including hypothesis-based problem solving, analytical rigor and discipline and superior structured communication capability (reports, PPT presentations and other deliverables);
- Very strong written and oral communication skills in English and/or French;
- A proven ability to deliver the full cycle of consulting project management accountabilities (project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, storyboarding, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations, project profitability, risk identification and mitigation and team leadership);
- Expertise in and a willingness to own and drive the design, execution and delivery of M&A transaction and/or performance turnaround outcomes within and outside of the deal life-cycle, aligned with at least one of the core VCS service offerings;
- Expert market, financial and commercial acumen, including both a breadth and depth in working with and understanding financial and commercial information to provide analysis and data-driven insights to clients;
- Strong internal and external networking capabilities to support the growth of our services;
- Proven success in business development (opportunity generation, proposal development and sales close);
- An accomplished facilitator with the ability to lead clients through the discovery of insights to solution development and execution
- An ability to work effectively in a dynamic team environment and a willingness to contribute to the development of internal processes and procedures to grow the practice;
- Flexibility and adaptability on work assignments, including a willingness and ability to learn new skills, subject matter, industries and to travel.
We expect that a successful candidate will have experience in at least one of the following Services:Enterprise Profitability (EP)
- Your bachelor's degree is probably in a highly numerate, technical or business discipline;
- You may currently be a consultant, internal business consultant or member of a PE work out team;
- Hypothesis-driven broad and rapid EBITDA improvement, including in completing one or more of the following: market assessments, pricing management, sales and marketing effectiveness, product and customer profitability, value analysis, supply chain, cost efficiency and organizational structure redesign, working capital management (cash, stock, accounts receivable and accounts payable);
- A working knowledge of Lean Operations, Zero Based Budgeting and/or any other of the widely recognized broad performance improvement approaches prevalent in business would be an asset but is not the primary determinant for this role.
Pre-deal Diligence (DD)
- Experience with executing due diligence engagements in either operational, commercial, HR and/or in IT/technology;
- Critical analysis skills in evaluating assumptions and estimates, including deriving independent estimates through the use of data analytics and benchmarking;
- Understanding and ability to execution preparation of market/industry/competitive analysis, trends and assessment of its impacts;
- Knowledge of IT project development processes and methods;
- A solid understanding of IT operations, systems and projects, including IT integrations, carve-outs, and other types of transaction engagements;
- Experience and knowledge of IT architectures and new IT trends, e.g. data analytics, SOA, and Cloud/SaaS;
- Experience in writing IT or market assessment reports.
M&A Execution (MA)
- Strategic thinker who excels at execution;
- Solid understanding of business value drivers and the interdependence between business functions;
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of integrations, carve-outs, post-merger integration and other types of transaction engagements;
- Broad experience in identifying risks and issues related to integration planning, timelines, synergy opportunities and functional areas;
- Experience in owning and driving the design, execution and delivery of transaction outcomes, including leading teams in their functional scopes of work;
- Clear understanding of operating models and functional understanding;
- Excellent program leadership, program/project management, problem-solving, and facilitation skills.
This is a future opportunity posting. We anticipate we will have active recruiting needs by August 2019. Why Deloitte?
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive - both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Apply now × Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply
Manufacturing and Production