Senior Manager, Tax Technology and Transformation
Reference ID: MON001M5
In EY Tax, you'll have the opportunity to help the world's leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. You'll get a unique glimpse deep inside a company's business and become a trusted advisor, working collaboratively on a team that influences major business decisions. Demand has made this a rapidly growing area, and the relationships we build here translate into big business in other areas, making this a true priority.
As a Tax Services Senior Manager, you will be a part of our Tax Technology and Transformation (TTT) practice. You will be part of a team who works with companies to improve end-to-end business processes that drive tax performance in many industries such as: financial services, energy, consumer products, manufacturing, technology, communications and entertainment. EY's TTT practice assists clients in addressing this complexity and expectations by maximizing their tax operating model through process redesign, utilization of tax technology, improved data flows and organizational design enhancement.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Manager, you will assist clients in addressing this complexity and expectations by maximizing their tax operating model through process redesign, utilization of tax technology, improved data flows and organizational design enhancement. You'll also be responsible for managing and coordinating TTT projects. The successful candidate will lead and team with talented and innovative professionals dedicated to client service. Ability and willingness to travel within North America up to 20% of the time.
Skills and attributes for success
• Assist the client in identifying improvement opportunities and developing responsive organization operating models and metrics.
• Optimize processes impacting Tax that drive business outcomes across multiple tax domains, such as corporate tax, indirect tax, and international tax.
• Design effective and controlled tax processes, with enabling technologies, to increase efficiency and reduce risk.
• Implement technologies used by Tax that enable business performance, including working with upstream finance systems and downstream tax technology tools.
• Work with finance and IT teams to increase the tax-relevancy of finance data in ERP systems (e.g. SAP and Oracle), and in close, consolidation and reporting tools (e.g., Hyperion, BPC, etc.).
• Maintain continuous interaction with clients and EY project team, manage expectations and ensure outstanding client service and timely deliverables.
• Anticipate and identify risks within engagements and raise any issues with senior members of the team.
• Contribute to a flexible, dynamic, and team-oriented working culture that fosters development and a positive attitude.
To qualify for the role you must have
• An undergraduate degree with 10-15 years' work experience
• At least 3-5 years of experience in a corporate tax function; optimizing tax processes and supporting/implementing tax solutions in industry or at a professional services firm.
• The ability to facilitate workshops to assess tax processes and systems and natural ability to articulate and present service offerings and solutions to C-suite and tax leadership.
• An efficient and highly organized approach with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities/ projects concurrently in a fast-paced environment.
• The ability to work with a sense of urgency and attention to detail; meets deadlines.
• Excellent leadership skills with an interest in motivating and developing staff.
• Superior verbal and written communication skills, experience drafting presentations and/or proposals would be preferred.
• Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence.
Ideally, you'll also have
• Relevant experience in one or more of the following is preferred but not required:
o tax software products such as Hyperion Tax Provision, Longview Tax or OneSource
o tax data and reporting requirements for ledger, planning and consolidation systems, such as SAP, Oracle, BPC, Hyperion, etc.
o content and workflow management software, such as SharePoint
o tax process and operational assessments
What we look for
We're interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. We're looking for people with a genuine passion for tax, and the future of tax, and are inspired to help the world's leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Posted: February 13, 2019
Closes: April 14, 2019