At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world. The Opportunity
Our Forensic team is growing. We're looking for Senior Managers with at least seven years of forensic or related experience (accounting, audit, finance, investigation, damages quantification, insurance claim, business valuation) to join the team in our Montreal, Brossard, Laval, Quebec City or other offices.
You'll be part of a team carrying out forensic engagements, including, in particular, litigation assistance, business valuation, forensic investigations, fraud and misappropriation risk prevention management, and background research.
Our highly specialized and experienced group will give you a unique opportunity for exposure to a wide range of interesting and challenging situations and to develop or hone your forensic expertise surrounded by a high‑growth team. KPMG is committed to your professional development. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Lead and contribute to the completion of forensic engagements
- Review or produce reports as an independent expert
- Analyze complex financial data, review documents, conduct in‑depth research on various sources of information and conduct forensic engagements such as contractual disputes, asset misappropriation or conflicts of interest
- Write deliverables that can be used for clients internal purposes, for the court, for regulatory organizations or for insurance companies
- Act as a recognized resource for all complex issues related to your area of expertise
- Manage complex or large‑scale engagements and projects within budgets and timelines
- Ensure the quality of reports and deliverables, while upholding the firm's quality standards
- Advise clients on complex business issues
- Implement investigative plans for sensitive cases and objectively analyze complex financial issues
- Adeptly integrate a range of expertise to meet client needs
- Oversee and coordinate work of a team
- Maintain sustained, stable and long-lasting relationships with clients and serve as a business partner
- Seek out engagement opportunities and play an active role in the firm's business development
Keys to your success
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Minimum of seven years experience in a related field (accounting, audit, finance, investigation, damages quantification, insurance claim, business valuation), including three in forensic
- CPA designation (an asset)
- Forensic specialization with a complementary professional designation such as CBV, CFA, CFE or CFF (an asset)
- Advanced level in financial modelling (an asset)
- Experience working in a fast-paced project environment with tight deadlines
- Excellent research and analytical skills with the ability to identify and define issues in a clear and articulate manner and develop creative solutions to meet client needs
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in English and French, including the ability to develop and deliver presentations, conduct interviews and facilitate workshops for clients
- Strong writing skills, including the ability to develop detailed technical reports and summaries
- Excellent ability to manage resources and engagements in a positive manner while collaborating with the partners involved and providing timely and relevant feedback to resources
- Excellent relationship building and management skills with the ability to interact and build credibility and trust with a wide range of professionals at all levels.
- Strong knowledge of the MS Office suite and other relevant software.
- Enjoy teamwork and be willing to carry out engagements in other Advisory Services practices, as needed.
- Be mobile
- Work remotely is possible for this position
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here . Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.