Senior Manager, Financial Services Risk Management (FSRM)
Reference ID: MON001NN
We help the world's largest financial institutions navigate the intricate regulatory environment to effectively manage and assess capital in support of their ongoing strategies. More than ever, financial institutions are investing in enhancing their capital management capabilities to make better business decisions, presenting us with the unique opportunity to rally together to solve our clients' most complex challenges.
EY's Financial Services Risk Management (FSRM) practice is an advisory unit that provides risk management support to banks, insurers and asset managers. Our team includes individuals who have industry, client and product knowledge as well as quantitative, regulatory, project management and technology professionals. We are seeking a Senior Manager to join our team. Along with our team, you'll work together to coordinate the delivery of risk management, regulatory and business performance services to a variety of clients, including commercial banks, investment banks, broker-dealers, asset managers, insurance and energy trading companies, and other organizations.
Your key responsibilities
The FSRM Senior Manager will be involved in all aspects of the delivery of financial risk services to advisory and assurance client accounts covering risk governance systems; risk identification, quantification and reporting for insurance, credit, market and operational risks; regulatory and economic capital assessments; compliance with OSFI and AMF requirements; the ORSA program; enterprise stress testing models and other initiatives such as living wills. The Senior Manager will be responsible for engagement oversight and delivery; team management and coaching; engagement execution; engagement economics and reporting, as well as developing and maintaining productive relationships with clients. The Senior Manager will also be leading practice development initiatives ranging from business development to staff and team development.
Skills and attributes for success
• Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and demonstrated knowledge in insurance, credit, market risk and operational risk measurement and management
• Self-motivated and willing to ask probing questions to identify client opportunities
• Possess strong communication, presentation and technical writing skills to describe ideas, concepts and issues that involve interpretation, analysis and assessment of complex conceptual topics
• Willingness to travel on short notice to meet client needs
To qualify for the role you must have
• University degree required
• Bilingual skills in French and English required
• Minimum 7 years of relevant experience
• An actuarial designation, such as FSA or FCAS, would be an asset
• Expert knowledge of corporate governance, risk management and capital modelling
• Extensive experience with enterprise risk management and economic capital modelling within a P&C or life insurer
• Experience working with the OSFI regulatory capital requirements for life and P&C insurers
• Experience working on own risk and solvency assessments (ORSA)
• Experience working in an insurance environment with a well-developed risk management culture and infrastructure or comparable experience working as an advisor to financial services companies
• Demonstrated project or engagement management ability to plan and execute projects/engagements to a successful conclusion
• Possess the desire and ability to work closely with quantitative and technology professionals on engagements
Ideally, you'll also have
• Possess a self-starting attitude, an ability to think outside the box and thrive on new challenges
What we look for
If you're a natural leader with a talent for answering and communicating complex client problems, we're interested in you. You'll need to be great at influencing people, ready to listen and confident in challenging the status quo. If you have a genuine passion for helping businesses address their most pressing problems, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Posted: April 17, 2019
Closes: June 16, 2019