Permanent Primary Location:
Montreal, Quebec, Canada All Available Locations:
Montreal Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
Experience MyFlex and an agile work environment where work is what you do not where you do it
Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
Interested in credit risk modelling? Want to further your career in the risk advisory and modelling group within the Financial Advisory practice, which is growing exponentially? Have experience with the design and validation of PD, EAD and LGD models under the AIRB approach and IFRS 9? Deloitte's financial engineering and modelling team has a career opportunity for you! What will your typical day look like?
Your role will consist of helping clients in the financial services sector to face quantitative issues in total confidence. Relying on your deep technical skills and using our global network of experts, you will provide professional advice on a variety of situations to our clients. The result? Our clients will be better positioned to face their situations and to benefit from the best solutions to their complex challenges.
• design and deploy risk management models (credit, market, and liquidity) that are based on best market practices;
• validate and develop quantitative credit risk models;
• conduct a variety of financial analyses, including derivatives assessments;
• develop relationships with a prestigious clientele;
• carry out mandates involving three lines of defence for financial institutions (client service, risk and audit);
• contribute to the practice's growth and development About the team
The financial engineering and modelling team is part of the Financial Advisory practice. We provide clients with financial strategy advice in the area of financial risk management. The team supports many financial institutions in the design and validation of financial models. In particular, we work in direct collaboration with three lines of defence to help our clients design, validate and audit their credit risk and market risk models. Enough about us, let's talk about you
Our shared values
- A doctorate or master's degree in financial mathematics, financial engineering, statistics, econometrics or another relevant field.
- Between 2 and 5 years of experience in the design and validation of credit risk models and stress tests (PD, LGD and EAD) under the AIRB approach and IFRS 9, which is based on best industry practices for wholesale and retail portfolios.
- Experience programming in at least two languages (SAS, R, SQL Python, Matlab, Eviews).
- Experience in model risk management in a large North American financial institution. Canadian experience is desirable.
- Knowledge of bank loan products and the credit granting process for individuals (consumers and small businesses) and commercial enterprises.
- Experience implementing and evaluating assessment methodologies related to quantitative credit risk models.
- A solid ability to write reports in French and English and to write proposals to potential clients.
- PRM or FRM designation is an asset.
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We're also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mindset, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Manufacturing and Production