You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 219,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 147 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. The opportunity:
As a lead member you will work closely with KPMG Partners on tax planning initiatives and requirements. Your organizational skills will enable you to direct the work of junior staff, including reviewing their work for accuracy and completeness. Additionally, you will research and prepare complex tax-planning strategies for our clients. The ideal candidates sets the standard for junior staff by providing ongoing support and opportunities for professional development.What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Leading client engagements;
- Working closely with a Partner as a senior team member on tax planning and reorganization work for clients.
- Become part of the tax engagement team in servicing the planning and compliance needs of clients.
- Providing ongoing support and mentoring for the professional development of staff.
- Collaborate with Partner in attracting new work to the firm.
- Review complex tax returns for corporations, trusts and partnerships;
- Draft tax memoranda for review by Partners and Managers;
- Assist Partners and Managers on special mandates;
Keys to your success:
- Minimum 5 - 7 years specializing in tax in a public accounting firm.
- Professional accounting designation.
- Completed the CPA In-Depth tax course.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Highly motivated individual with a desire for growth.
- Excellent client service skills with the ability to understand the client's business.
- Dedication and motivation to achieve high standards of client service and professionalism in the performance of duties.
- Emphasizes on quality and adds value in their client offerings and services.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Effectively manages conflicting demands and priorities.
- Gives others the opportunity to take on new tasks and responsibilities.
- Able to instill enthusiasm in others to achieve desired results.
- Able to provide persuasive and self-assured responses to challenging questions.
Individuals who take deep personal accountability for their work, have a passion for excellence, driven to achieve their full potential and understand the value of building relationships with clients, future clients, their communities, the global firm and each other. A KPMG professional should have all the following characteristics:
- Strong work ethic
- Thrive on challenges
- Dedicated to providing outstanding client service
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com