Senior Manager, Delivery
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuel us, and moments define us.
This role has been posted in locations where we have a Rogers corporate site. We encourage qualified candidates from across the country to apply who can reasonably commute to one of these locations.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently.
The Customer Delivery Business Unit -Senior Manager, Delivery is a full time Senior Management position. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading, developing and managing a team of Delivery Managers, Senior Delivery Specialists and Delivery Specialists.The team is accountable for delivering standard, non-standard and customized customer solutions supporting Wireline, Wireless and hybrid products and services enabling our customers' success and delivering an experience beyond their expectations. This role supports strategic business initiatives focused on revenue growth in a manner that is cost efficient and aligned with Business objectives. This is accomplished by establishing and maintaining Supplier/Partner relationships, negotiation of expedited delivery dates, management of resolutions, and revenue acceleration to meet incremental annual provisioning revenue budget.
The successful candidate must possess a strong project delivery background, understanding of Project Management principles, ITIL framework, ITSM processes, and telecom provisioning & activation activities. The successful candidate must demonstrate exceptional collaboration and consensus building skills, and the ability to work closely with the Sales teams supporting project scoping, project delivery issues, and project change management. Additionally, the successful candidate must have superlative English written and spoken communications skills and strong presentation skills.
The successful candidate will be required to manage delivery risk in order to meet customer requirements and expectations. The successful candidate will engage directly with customers when required. It is a critical responsibility which directly impacts the success of complex customer delivery initiatives. This position reports to the Director, Customer Delivery.Responsibilities;
- Provide leadership and coaching to 15+ provisioning resources focused on delivering on our customer commitments
- Define and communicate strategic plans, goals and business vision to immediate team and cross functional teams and collectively work towards achieving these objectives
- Develop and implement departmental plan for business continuity activities to ensure sustainability of delivery of service to our customers.
- Review and approve customer RFP requirements, commitments /SLA's and timelines surrounding customer implementations.
- Ensure timely completion of all orders received from Sales
- Engage in the management of customer requests for escalation
- Capable of using persuasion and negotiation to build cooperation and consensus towards decisions
- Represent and lead the communication with the customer delivery teams and external teams for knowledge transfer, best practices, enablement and improvements
- Proactive management of financial obligations to the business achieving defined revenue targets as per business plan / budget.
- Accountable to determine monthly forecast commitments
- WIP management focused on prioritization of delivery milestones to achieve customer commitments ensuring timely billing activation.
- Develop strategies and implement plans to evolve delivery practice and elevate capabilities
- Ensure ongoing operational alignment between a broad range of operational teams (both reporting into Senior Manager and cross-functional), delivery partners, and product vendors.
- Manage key delivery metrics including revenue, resource utilization, and profitability
- Manage and mitigate delivery risks, resolve delivery escalations and assist in business decision making
- Workload management such as capacity forecasting, project assignment and project backlog management to ensure timelines are met and utilization is maximized.
- Identify and manage conflicting demands and prioritizes, balancing a range of variables to deliver business outcomes that meet customer expectations.
- Establish and evolve Supplier/Partner relationships, negotiation of expedited delivery dates and management and resolution of escalation requests
- Drive both individuals and teams to operate autonomously, giving them the creative space needed to generate ideas, make decisions and improve the customer implementation process.
- Develop and implement a workplace culture of positive accountability in which employees feel empowered to accept responsibility and have the confidence to take calculated risks
- Required Professional Designation/Certification:
- Post-Secondary degree in Engineering, Business, other related discipline or equivalent combination of education or experience
- PMP an asset
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the telecommunication industry
- Minimum 5 years experience in team management
- Experience in telecom services delivery a must, more specifically delivering complex technology projects in a customer facing capacity
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationship.
- The job requires management relationship with many vendors, suppliers and partners with responsibilities related to the deployment of customer solutions (technical and nontechnical)- e.g. (carriers, cable co, portal vendors, security vendors, VCC partners, Wi-Fi vendors.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing process improvement methodologies, developing strategy, and establishing new capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to assess technical requirements and develop strategies for execution
- Strong understanding of billing procedures and customer care processes
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
- Must be familiar with all layers of the network, ITIL, SDN, Cloud
- Conflict management, negotiation and influencing skills
- Bilingual - English and French is an Asset
As a condition of hire, all new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccinations against COVID 19. Any request for an exception under Human Rights legislation must be supported by evidence to be considered by Rogers on a case by case basis.Please click here to review conditions that may qualify for medical exemption to the COVID-19 vaccine.
- A desire to lead in a dynamic environment, and an ability to prioritize his/her own actions as well as those of his/her team.
- Must be familiar with all layers of both Wireline and Wireless network
- Master at influencing and supporting
- Role is accountable for succession planning, weighing in of organizational design, talent management and compensation.
- Ability to navigate a high-pressure environment with multiple tight deadlines, shifting and competing priorities
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and Enterprise Customers
- Meticulous organization and excellent attention to detail
- A proven ability to communicate clearly, both orally and verbally, with customers, peers, subordinates and superiors.
- A demonstrated ability to effectively address customer facing challenges and communication.
- A solid understanding of the technologies delivered by Rogers for Business
- A positive attitude with a desire to constantly improve.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 800, Gauchetiere O, Bureau 4000-Place Bonaventure - Montreal(182), Montreal, QC
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Project Management & Coordination
Requisition ID: 251801
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work: Our people are at the heart of our success Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do We do what's right, each and every day We believe in the power of new ideas We work as one team, with one vision We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Posting Notes: Corporate
Montreal, QC, CA Ottawa, ON, CA Being a Rogers team member comes with some great perks & benefits including:
• Health & well-being benefits
• Donation matching
• Paid time off for volunteering
• Wealth Accumulation including: Pension plan & Employee stock options
• Generous employee discounts
• Leadership development, Mentorship, and Coaching programsLooking for career guidance and inspiration?
Catch up on the latest episodes of For the Love of Work
podcast with Dr. Sonia Kang.Job Segment:
Telecom, Telecommunications, Engineer, Network, Manager, Technology, Engineering, Management