You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 200,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 154 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. Overview of the opportunity:
The KPMG Montreal office is looking for several Senior Manager - Accounting Advisory Services to join its team.
KPMG is looking for the leaders of tomorrow. With over 320 employees, including 30 partners, the Audit practice and the accounting advisory services team in Montréal and the city of Québec is at the core of our expertise.
We offer you a variety of projects in collaboration with our different service lines and rewarding opportunities to grow your career and extend the breadth of your knowledge.
We are currently looking for Senior Manager that are passionate about technical accounting and delivering exceptional client service. The ideal candidate has a track record of growth, and enjoys helping clients and engagement teams resolve complex accounting issues by providing technical accounting advice. What you will do
The Senior Manager position will involve applying technical knowledge of accounting policies and standards under IFRS, US GAAP and ASPE. The role offers continued learning opportunities that will keep you on the cutting edge of new pronouncements and on the forefront of new deals and innovative transactions. The ideal candidate will work with a select group that are gurus in accounting financial reporting. Individuals will focus on IFRS and US GAAP consultations, queries and projects. Depending on the candidate's background, individuals may also focus on ASPE and Enterprise clients.
Our work environment is flexible and offers opportunities to work from home and adjust your hours to suit your family environment.
More specifically, the successful candidate may be responsible for
What you bring to the role
- Leading and contributing to accounting advisory projects, including complex accounting matters;
- Coaching and developing other professionals working on accounting advisory projects;
- Assisting with research and responding to consultations and queries, and requests for accounting advice;
- Building your professional network and growing the accounting advisory business;
- Planning for and developing internal and external thought leadership publications and events; and
- Facilitating external and internal training.
- A successful candidate will possess the following skills and behaviors;
- An entrepreneurial growth mindset that supports you in generating new opportunities for accounting advisory projects;
- An interest and intellectual curiosity in accounting policies and standards and applying these principles to complex transactions;
- Ambition to learn new things as well as analyze, research and solve problems on complex accounting issues, while displaying good judgment;
- Deep knowledge of IFRS and/or US GAAP;
- Superior written and oral communication skills, with the ability to 'uncomplicate the complicated' by expressing ideas clearly, convincingly and concisely to both external and internal stakeholders;
- Must be able to take initiative and work independently, but also work effectively as a member of a team;
- Strong project management and organizational skills, with the ability to manage competing demands, without sacrificing attention to detail. Also, the ability to deliver assignments and respond to queries on a timely basis;
- Ability to take initiative and display good judgment;
- 7+ years of accounting experience in an accounting firm or in a company; and
- Canadian CPA designation, or equivalent .
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. KPMG encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process
, please contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3. KPMG will consult with all applicants with disabilities who request accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure that the accommodation provided takes into account the applicant's individual accessibility needs.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org