At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
The KPMG Montreal office is looking for a Senior Manager - Accounting Advisory Services to join its team.
We are currently looking for a Senior Manager that is passionate about technical accounting and delivering exceptional client service. The ideal candidate has a track record of growth, and enjoys helping clients and engagement teams resolve complex accounting issues by providing technical accounting advice. What you will do
The Senior Manager position will involve applying technical knowledge of accounting policies and standards under IFRS, US GAAP and ASPE. The role offers continued learning opportunities that will keep you on the cutting edge of new pronouncements and on the forefront of new deals and innovative transactions. The ideal candidate will work with a select group that are gurus in accounting financial reporting. Individuals will focus on IFRS and US GAAP consultations, queries and projects. Depending on the candidate's background, individuals may also focus on ASPE and Enterprise clients.
Our work environment is flexible and offers opportunities to work from home and adjust your hours to suit your family environment.
More specifically, the successful candidate may be responsible for
What you bring to the role
- Leading and contributing to accounting advisory projects, including complex accounting matters;
- Coaching and developing other professionals working on accounting advisory projects;
- Assisting with research and responding to consultations and queries, and requests for accounting advice;
- Building your professional network and growing the accounting advisory business;
- Planning for and developing internal and external thought leadership publications and events; and
- Facilitating external and internal training.
A successful candidate will possess the following skills and behaviors:
- An entrepreneurial growth mindset that supports you in generating new opportunities for accounting advisory projects;
- An interest and intellectual curiosity in accounting policies and standards and applying these principles to complex transactions;
- Ambition to learn new things as well as analyze, research and solve problems on complex accounting issues, while displaying good judgment;
- Deep knowledge of IFRS and/or US GAAP;
- Superior written and oral communication skills, with the ability to 'uncomplicate the complicated' by expressing ideas clearly, convincingly and concisely to both external and internal stakeholders;
- Must be able to take initiative and work independently, but also work effectively as a member of a team;
- Strong project management and organizational skills, with the ability to manage competing demands, without sacrificing attention to detail. Also, the ability to deliver assignments and respond to queries on a timely basis;
- Ability to take initiative and display good judgment;
- 7+ years of accounting experience in an accounting firm or in a company; and
- Canadian CPA designation, or equivalent .
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. Keys to your success:
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.