You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 219,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 147 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. The opportunity:
Innovate. Collaborate. Shine. Lighthouse - KPMG Canada's Center of Excellence for Data Valorization and Advanced Analytics- applies data science to solve real-word business problems, operationalize AI and optimize emerging technologies for its mission. Join a diverse team which is always curious and learning, thinking independently, working collaboratively, has a passion to solve difficult problems, and has fun doing it.
KPMG Lighthouse Quebec has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer , to join our team! This role will be a rewarding experience for you if you:
What you will do
- Thrive on challenges and work best in a fast-paced environment where each day is different
- Work well in a project team environment and have strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Have a permanent "figure it out" mindset
What you bring to the role
- Collaborate with data architect s and data scientist s to build machine learning-based software solutions .
- Prototyp e solutions to evaluate the impact of selected algorithms on the target problem.
- Collaborating with development , research and business teams to converge on the best solutions.
- Help data scientists to optimize algorithms and deploy effective solutions iteratively .
- Extending prototypes into fully functional , polished solutions ready for internal and/or external use.
- Automate training and prediction of machine learning models using platforms and frameworks .
- Maintain ML solutions and use metrics and monitoring to perform model evaluations to keep tracking of model development lifecycle including retraining .
- Supporting projects with thorough documentation of usage, design decisions and capabilities .
- Producing metrics for various areas of improvemen ts .
- Work with senior KPMG leaders to understand, enhance and integrate service offerings across the operations.
- Coach and mentor more junior staff on the team and engage in skill development conversations.
- Evaluate projects and create solutions for clients
- Take accountability for client deliverables by leading engagements and teams to successful outcomes with a focus on supporting your team, client needs and generating value.
Keys to your success:
- 6 to 8 years of professional experience in a related field
- Bachelor's or graduate degree in computer engineering or related disciplines
- Experience using the following software/tools:
- Experience with deployment of machine learning models at scale
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle , including testing methods, coding standards, code reviews and source control management.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools .
- Experience with Relational and non-Relational databases (NoSQL).
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python , Java, Scala, etc .
- Experience using the following software/tools is a plus:
- Experience with developing ML solutions such as NLP or deep learning.
- Development and deployment of APIs .
- Familiarity with feature engineering and information extraction .
- Experience with container-based solutions like Docker, etc.
- Experience with C loud environment: Azure, GCP, AWS cloud data services.
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop , Spark , Kafka, etc.
- Experience with Data Warehousing Solutions such as Azure Synapse.
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Spark-Streaming, DataBricks , Azure Event Hubs, etc.
- Automatic deployment of machine learning operations using platforms such as MLFlow .
- Strong experience working in teams to perform auto MLOps for developing and deploying machine learning solutions using AutoML tools.
- Knowledge of bash scripting and Linux tools.
- An insatiable curiosity to learn, an aptitude to figure it out and a hunger to make a difference
- Strong communication in English and French and interpersonal skills
- Ability to think critically and laterally - problem solve and innovate within a team environment
- High level of attention to detail, excellent time management skills using agile methodology and ability to perform under pressure
- Ability to travel within Canada in the future
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance