Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
TD Insurance is part of TD Bank Financial Group, one of Canada's largest financial institutions. TD Insurance helps protect clients from the 'accidents of life' with a wide range of products including credit protection, life, health, travel, home and auto insurance. With more than three million clients, TD Insurance authorized products and services are available online, over the phone, and through a network of more than 1,000 TD Canada Trust branches.
In Canada, we have two lines of business, General Insurance and Life and Health. Our General Insurance business is one of the top homes and auto insurance groups in Canada and the national leader in group insurance and affinity marketing. Our Life and Health business is the number one provider of critical illness insurance and direct life and health insurance in Canada.
At TD Insurance, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment. With a Canada-wide workforce of over 4,000 employees and offices in Quebec (Laval, Montreal), Ontario (Etobicoke, Toronto, North York, Burlington, and Peterborough), Atlantic Canada (Halifax, Saint John), Calgary and Edmonton, our company is always growing and can help you to grow. TD Insurance offers a stable and dynamic work environment where talent is appreciated, and professional development is taken seriously. More than just a job, we offer rewarding careers. Job Description
Reporting to the Vice President Vendor Management, this role will support the development and execution of an Industry leading effective vendor management programs within TDI.
In partnership with strategic sourcing, Third Party Risk Management and the Claims Operational leadership team the incumbent will be responsible for the development and implementation of Vendor performance management initiatives creating better value for TDI Customers, Employees and Shareholders, while ensuring compliance to TDI risk and expense policies and procedures The incumbent will provide ongoing professional and specialized support on all vendor activities to all business areas as required. The general accountabilities of this role include but are not limited to the following:
• Lead and mentor team members, providing regular performance assessments to employees and their people managers, ensuring a positive work environment that encourages productivity, professionalism and teamwork
• Create a culture that fosters employee engagement, accountability and high-performance outcomes
• Play a key role in setting direction for TD Insurance most critical, strategic/enterprise vendor relationships, leading the VM team to implement effective vendor strategies and development plans
• Ultimately responsible for ensuring a beneficial vendor relationship(s); including service/product delivery, VM governance, performance management, and continuous improvement initiatives
• Provide strategic guidance as appropriate to business partners and VM teams regarding VM best-practice and developments to the enterprise vendor management strategy
• Leads implementation of projects and initiatives to maximize value from third-party spend in the context of enterprise and business-specific goals and objectives
• Provides strategic input and support for sourcing category analysis/planning, vendor analysis and plays a significant part in contract negotiations (MSA and EMSA)
• Network with industry peers to keep remain current and aware of emerging trends, benchmarks to ensure Vendor programs remain effective, current and Industry leading Requirements
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum 5 years work experience in Vendor Management, project management, risk management, sourcing, General Insurance
• Ability to think strategically: a forward thinker who sees opportunities not problems. Will challenge the status quo and continually look for a better way to execute with excellence.
• Demonstrated leadership and management ability is vital. The ability to persuade by printed and spoken word is critical.
• A proven collaborative approach to problem solving, decision-making and communication.
• Effective communications skills including facilitation, consultation, negotiation, persuasion and presentations.
• Demonstrated ability to motivate, coach, counsel and train staff at a senior managerial level.
• Strong team player works well under pressure and ability to deal effectively with change.
• Strong organizational and time management skills Additional Information
This position requires proficiency in a language other than French to support customers, employees or markets located outside the province of Quebec or who require services in a language other than French. Hours
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Banking, Finance and Insurance