Our clients are unique and their digital banking experience should be one-of-a-kind.At RBC Digital, we want our clients to feel empowered when they interact with us. We're investing in technologies and data insights to evolve as our clients do. We've joined our product, design and technology teams to collaborate to deliver an innovative personalized user experience. Being a part of our Digital Team means you'll join a culture of creativity, curiosity, and continuous learning.We're envisioning the future of banking and building the core platforms to support it. The RBC Digital Technology team is focused on understanding our client's needs to deliver scalable automated solutions. Our technologists design, develop and support the services we own. We're building a team who is not afraid to challenge the status quo; embraces innovation; and excited to bring a fresh perspective. We've set out to simplify our client's interactions by building a unified platform, custom tailored to our client's needs.We're looking for a talented and passionate Lead Developer to join our team. Our team is designed to deliver products throughout the client's journey, not projects; each squad is setup for agility and continuous delivery, and then empowered with the autonomy to chart their own course to success. As an engineer you will work as part of a small, autonomous, agile team to deliver both internal and external applications; built on a modern hybrid cloud platform using the latest micro-services architecture. We believe in the power of working together, you'll get to work with your peers, business partners and RBC's tech community and you'll have the opportunity to grow and expand your capabilities. Join our team today and magnify your impact influencing the future of banking on a global scale.What will you do?
What do you need to succeed?
- You will be creating new services and customer-facing applications using the latest technologies which will shape the future of banking for RBC
- Collaborate with other developers on the team to model and design new API interfaces.
- Develop and support highly scalable, high performance APIs within an Agile development team
- Ensure high code quality through automated unit and functional testing
- Automate processes within the development pipeline; identify opportunities for efficiency gains and reducing time-to-market, and enabling continuous delivery
- Design and develop code structures to promote reusability across many applications
- Work within an Agile product team comprised of technical, product and business team members to deliver exceptional products.
- Lead and mentor other developers to elevate the entire team's skillset and mindset. Coach others on the team and practice peer-programming.
- Stay open-minded and look beyond your stack to solve complex problems
- You will actively seek out knowledge about new technologies and how they can be used to solve current and foreseeable challenges
- Excellent communication including the ability to distill technical details into human terms
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related technical field and/ or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of experience with Java 8+ and Spring Framework (Spring Boot) and/or nodeJS
- 2+ years of experience developing distributed cloud applications (Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Openshift, Docker)
- Hands on experience designing, developing, testing and troubleshooting RESTful API and interface specifications (Swagger, RAML, SOAP)
- Experience working with DevOps pipelines (Git, Maven, Jenkins), continuous integration/delivery, automated testing (unit, functional, performance)
- Experience working with security gateways and protocols (JWT, Oauth2.0, SSL Certificates)
- Experience working within professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source code management, build processes and testing
- Experience with code merging and branching methodologies using Git and code release process.
- Working knowledge of web-based application architectures and frameworks (including Angular or React) and the way it integrates with services.
- Leverage Open Source technology and contribute to open source where possible
- Experience supporting production-level software (Splunk, Dynatrace).
- Solid experience with abstraction and applying it to learning new languages
- Ability to simplify complex problems and communicate them in plain language
- Functional knowledge required for both French and English languages
What's in it for you?Leaders who support your development through training and study groups
- Object Oriented coding practices, including strong design patterns knowledge, refactoring, clean code.
- Experience working with Kafka, MySQL, Non-relational databases, Caching and
- Experience in BDD and TDD methodologies
- Working experience in one or more of:
- algorithm design and optimization
- large-scale systems
- parallel or distributed systems
- RDBMS and/or modern scale-out repositories (MySQL, MongoDB, Redis)
- Experience building message driven architectures (Kafka)
- Micro-service design and implementation (load balancing, discovery, resiliency)
Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs About RBC
- As part of a full stack squad you will have the opportunity to cross train to be a strong full stack developer
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact by working on a cutting-edge product
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Deliver applications and products which will be used by millions of Canadians
- Be a key enabler of RBC agile and technology transformation
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries.For more information, please visit rbc.com. Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign upand get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers .Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request. JOB SUMMARY City: Montreal
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 06/30/2021
Req ID: 324516 Ad Code(s):