A Little Bit About Us:
We are a growing global technology company that is looking to reinvent the way organizations build Trust in People with technology and AI-backed background checks. We are proud to share that we recently secured 43 million in funding, were named one of Canada's Companies-to-Watch in Deloitte's Technology Fast 50™ Awards, and are on track to become one of Canada's fastest-growing start-ups.Who are Certonians?
We are soccer players, DIY creators, spicy-food lovers, karaoke lovers, wine connoisseurs, and so much more! We are a team of 150+ people currently living the dream at Certn and are looking for more team members to level us up. If you are excited about working with a group that values accountability, working synergistically with one another, being inclusive of different perspectives, and not being an asshole - aka approaching all solutions & problems with compassion and empathy - we want to hear from you!This Opportunity:
We are looking for a Senior Frontend Developer
to expand our growing Engineering Department
! You will be responsible for helping lead development of a new application while working closely with our UX/UI design team and other web & full-stack developers. You'll also be responsible for contributing to evolving practices and processes, as well as levelling up others around you. As our Senior Frontend Developer, you will:
We are hoping you bring:
- You produce extraordinary individual contributions at the code and architecture level along with the beginnings of a multiplier effect through your technical leadership, mentoring, and positive team influence.
- You set a positive cultural example for your team by working sustainably and avoiding burnout.
- You program for other people, not yourself by means of code that is extremely readable, re-usable, and well encapsulated.
- You bridge the business and technical effortlessly through a deep understanding of the customer. You ensure the right thing is built. You challenge business requirements and preconceptions constructively and stakeholders trust and defer to you.
- You understand the difference in designing for the future but not over-engineering and demonstrate this through your project leadership, thoughtful full-system scalable architecture, and strong defensive development. You may still need some guidance on the most complicated architectures.
- You set portions of your own schedule for research, prototyping, and self-driven development.
Please note that we don't expect you to complete all
the requirements below. We strive to create a team with a mosaic of skills; you will have an opportunity to teach and learn from those around you.
- Proven success developing and releasing large scale applications using React.
- Proficiency in TypeScript, Jest/React Testing Library, and state management libraries (Redux, Recoil, Jotai, etc).
- Proficiency with asynchronous programming paradigms & practices.
- Experience with Tailwind CSS, NextJS, Storybook, and Chromatic.
- Experience with web and application accessibility.
- Familiarity with NPM package publishing and management.
- An interest in staying up to date with the latest web technologies and practices.
- An understanding of cloud platforms and experience deploying on AWS.
- An understanding of RESTful JSON Web APIs.
Our team members can be found across Canada, and the U.S., and are well-adapted to working from home and the remote lifestyle, however, for this role we are looking for someone who is eligible to work in Canada to join our team.Benefits
Our goal is to make sure Certn to be the best place for you to work. That means we are consistently asking for your feedback, researching best practices, and implementing new programs and changes in the way we work so that we can each walk away every day feeling proud to work here!Some of the benefits you can expect at Certn are...
For more information and to apply online, please go to: https://certn.pinpointhq.com/jobs/39118 Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don't check every box?
- 4 weeks of paid vacation
- 12 wellness days
- Extensive health benefits
- Family support program (including support for new parents and caregivers)
- Remote-first and supports flexible remote arrangements
- Green transportation allowance
- Fitness & wellness allowance
- Work from home allowance
- Professional development budget
- And a few more goodies!
We value diversity in our teams' experience. Whatever your background, experience, ethnicity, physical ability, sexual orientation, race, and gender is, we want to hear from you! We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for all employees from all walks of life. One of our corporate goals is to build an environment that will be the best place for you to work and spend your time. To accomplish that, we know we need to develop a diverse team where everyone feels included and where a variety of voices are heard.
*If you have a disability that requires accommodation during any stage of our recruitment process, please let us know how we can best assist you* About Certn
We're changing the way background checks are done. Easily manage your entire screening process- from customizing packages, paying for only what you need, and tracking status updates - with Certn's powerful all-in-one platform and proprietary API. Images Images Additional Info
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Remote
Experience Level : Senior Level
Software and Programming