From small businesses to some of the world's best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data - and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You'll use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex audit procedures across a broad range of industries and responsibilities. You won't find an assurance culture like this anywhere else, so whether you're looking for a long-term, or are interested in progressing on to other areas, this is a great place to be. The opportunity
As an Assurance Manager, you will be a professional member of our Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) team. Together with our substantial investments in technology, knowledge, and learning resources for our audit professionals, you will be part of the team that delivers quality assurance services to our clients and their stakeholders. Your key responsibilities
As an Assurance Senior, you will help finance leaders address the strategic accounting challenges and ongoing changes facing their business, and manage the resulting repercussions on the accounting and finance function. You will help them achieve their potential in acquisitions, divestitures, optimization/restructuring or accounting standards convergence. Skills and attributes for success
• Participate in various engagements (researching application of accounting standards, review financial and governance processes, accounting framework transition, comparison of different company practices, develop tailored training, and others)
• Prepare deliverables tailored to client needs
• Assist team in drafting proposals
• Establish and maintain relationship with client management
• Continually learn, share knowledge with other team members, and enhance service delivery
• Attend training programs to continually develop skills.
• Maintain cooperative relationships and foster mutual support with other EY service line teams. To qualify for the role you must have
• A degree in accounting and/or other appropriate academic major and a minimum of 2 years' relevant experience
• CA or CPA designation or candidate for application
• Audit or business experience in financial statements close or the application of accounting standards
• Experience working for an insurance company or on insurance account Experience working for an insurance company or on insurance account (IFRS17) is an asset
• Excellent project management skills
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills
• Impeccable client relationship skills
• A dedication to teamwork and leadership
• Highly adaptable and open to change
• Integrity within a professional environment
• Bilingual (English/French)
I deally, you'll also have
• The ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic team-oriented environment
What we look for
We're interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance