You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 219,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 147 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. The opportunity:
Innovate. Collaborate. Shine. Lighthouse - KPMG Canada's Center of Excellence for Data Valorization, Advanced Analytics- applies data science to solve real-word business problems, operationalize AI and optimize emerging technologies for its mission. Join a diverse team which is always curious and learning, thinking independently, working collaboratively, has a passion to solve difficult problems, and has fun doing it.
KPMG Lighthouse Québec has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Data Scientist to join our team! This role will be a rewarding experience for you if you:
What you will do
- Thrive on challenges and work best in a fast-paced environment where each day is different
- Work well in a project team environment and have strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Have a permanent "figure it out" mindset
What you bring to the role
- Work closely with clients in understanding key business issues.
- Gather and analyze requirements to develop impactful recommendations and solutions.
- Utilize advanced analytical technics to solve challenging business problems. Leverage a diverse set of technologies and tools to deliver insights.
- Solve problems through the application and the development of suitable statistical models, machine learning, deep learning, reinforcement learning algorithms & techniques such as clustering, neural networks, causal inference, probabilistic models, natural language processing (NLP), computer vision, time series algorithms, etc.
- Work with large volumes of data (structured and unstructured).
- Investigate and perform deeper analysis to produce impactful algorithms to achieve targeted outcomes.
- Perform quantitative analysis of data issues.
- Effectively communicate orally and in writing with peers within Lighthouse, KPMG and the client.
Keys to your success:
- University Degree in mathematics, statistics, machine learning, computer science, operations research, engineering or econometrics, other quantitative disciplines and/or equivalent combination of education in related disciplines.
- 5 years of professional experience in a related field .
- Expert knowledge in advance modeling techniques and mathematical models, algorithm use and optimization, and data science technologies.
- Understanding of the full spectrum of data feature retrieval, selection, and engineering; model technique selection and integration; interpretation of outputs, and development of recommendations.
- Capability of identifying commonalities across seemingly disparate analytics use cases, in order to identify unique ways of approaching modeling.
- Strong experience in data mining, mathematics, statistics, machine learning (deep learning and reinforcement learning an asset).
- Strong communication in English and French and interpersonal skills .
- Understanding the top issues faced by clients related to data and analytics through discussions with peers, clients, etc., and by following business media, industry issues reports, etc.
- Ability to understand engagement objectives including:
- Understanding the client's business problem.
- How the engagement helps address the client's business problem.
- Explain the business value of addressing the business problem.
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance