You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 219,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 147 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. The opportunity:
Innovate. Collaborate. Shine. Lighthouse - KPMG Canada's Center of Excellence for Data Valorization, Advanced Analytics- applies data science to solve real-word business problems, operationalize AI and optimize emerging technologies for its mission. Join a diverse team which is always curious and learning, thinking independently, working collaboratively, has a passion to solve difficult problems, and has fun doing it.
KPMG Lighthouse Quebec has an exciting opportunity for a Data Analytics senior engineer, to join our team! This role will be a rewarding experience for you if you:
What you will do
- Thrive on challenges and work best in a fast-paced environment where each day is different
- Work well in a project team environment and have strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Have a permanent "figure it out" mindset
What you bring to the role
- Use Advanced Analytics to enable greater insight into business drivers and outlook to proactively inform business decisions using supervised and unsupervised techniques.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources.
- Lead the planning and implementation of data collection and management tools.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Enforce data security best practices for on premises and cloud environments, including HIPAA / GDPR / Client Requirements.
- Build your technical and analytical expertise by delivering high quality results on time and proactively identifying and resolving project issues.
- Analyze and translate project and user needs into data, analytics and technology requirements.
- Develop, implement, monitor and efficiently deliver of multiple projects in advanced analytics via, among others, cloud technologies.
- Coach and mentor more junior staff on the team and engage in skill development conversations.
Keys to your success:
- 5 years of professional experience in a related field
- Bachelor's or graduate degree in computer engineering, mathematics, data science or related disciplines
- Experience using the following software/tools is a must:
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL and Cosmos DB
- Experience with cloud environment: Azure, GCP, IBM Cloud Pak and AWS cloud data services and solutions like Docker, etc.
- Experience with API
- Experience using the following software/tools is a plus:
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with Data Warehousing Solutions such as Azure Synapse.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Spark-Streaming, DataBricks, Azure Event Hubs, etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Experience deploying and maintaining high performance computing VMs in on-premise and cloud environment.
- Strong experience working in teams to perform ETL (extract, transform and load) of data from a variety of databases
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team to tack structured and unstructured data processing problems across a diverse range of industries
- Experience in developing, implementing and identifying opportunities for data valuation projects including; machine learning (regression techniques, classification, time series, natural language processing and others), deep learning or the field of data engineering, etc.
- An insatiable curiosity to learn, an aptitude to figure it out and a hunger to make a difference
- Strong communication in English and French and interpersonal skills
- Ability to think critically and laterally - problem solve and innovate within a team environment
- High level of attention to detail, excellent time management skills using agile methodology and ability to perform under pressure
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance