At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world. The opportunity
Are you a talented individual with a proven track record on executing project deliverables.
Our Advisory team is looking for a professional like you with the skills and drive to make a real difference. What you will do
Our value lies in the application and integration of our broad range of technology, consulting, assurance and IT risk management expertise. The advisory team helps our clients identify, assess and effectively manage the wide range of opportunities, risks, controls and compliance requirements associated with their use of and reliance on technology processes, services and solutions, whether developed and operated in-house or provided by third parties, in order to build trust internally and with their stakeholders.
We cover a wide range of IT consulting and insurance services including:
What you bring to the role
- Systems Cybersecurity
- Compliance position and implementation support: SOC 2, ISO 2700X, NIST CSF, Cybersecure Canada, etc.
- IT cybersecurity review/assessment
- Consulting for technology projects
- Enterprise IT Resiliency
- Technology governance, risk and compliance
- Contribute to the development and execution of engagement and project plans
- Contribute to multiple client engagements of varying size, scope and complexity across multiple industry sectors and technology environments
- Understand and apply appropriate methodology, tools and technology in the execution of your engagement
- Assessment of IT governance, risk and controls (e.g., IT planning and organization, IT projects, especially in an \"agile\" environment, business process and application controls, general controls, system implementations, data conversion)
- Plan and conduct project related tasks including gathering, quality assessment and analysis of information, documentation and evaluation of IT processes, controls, policies and strategies, and supervision and review of work of junior contributors
- Discuss findings and recommendations with client personnel and develop reports and deliverables
- Identify and assist with projects, including the development of marketing materials, proposals, presentations and research
- Contribute in the mentoring, training and development of junior staff
- Learn new skills and emerging technologies and topics
Keys to your success:
- You have a minimum of 5 years of experience in IT
- At least 3 years of combined relevant experience in internal/external audit, consulting and/or industry (e.g. risk management or internal control, IT, project management, systems implementation, finance, accounting)
- Ability to work both independently (self-motivated, able to prioritize, multi-task and adapt to changing priorities), with little supervision, and as part of a team
- You have knowledge of cybersecurity controls. E.g. CIS, NIST, SOC and others
- You understand cybersecurity issues and are able to articulate risks
- You have e xcellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have relevant certifications (e.g. CRISC, CISM, CISA, CISSP) strongly recommended
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page .