You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 207,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 153 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this.
KPMG LLP is the Canadian member firm of KPMG and has offices in 33 locations across Canada. The firm's more than 700 partners and 5,600 employees provide crucial services to many of the public and private business, not-for profit, and public-sector organizations in Canada.
In every economic environment, there are opportunities to create, enhance, and preserve value. Our Deal Advisory professionals help buyers, sellers, private equity investors, governments, and lenders in developing and executing on their value strategies.
By their nature, major transactions such as M&A deals are higher risk and reward than day-to-day business activity. It is important for our clients to remove as much risk as possible by taking advice from experienced advisers - people who have done it before and know what to look for.
We offer start-to-finish support in the acquisition process, including input on strategy, early identification of risk areas, coordination and execution of due diligence investigations (financial and commercial) and input and advice on contract terms geared to reduce risks. We also get involved in assisting our clients with a host of services surrounding closing the transaction and post-deal integration.
Our Deal Advisory team includes the following service lines: Transaction Services, Valuations, Corporate Finance, Restructuring & Turnaround, and Infrastructure Advisory.
Our clients are typically private equity funds, pension funds, large public companies, as well as private corporations. Our people are motivated self-starters with expertise in finance, valuation, tax, accounting and financial reporting. Our network is global.
KPMG's Transaction Services is currently looking for professionals in our downtown Montreal office at the Senior Consultant level.
Working in multi-disciplinary teams, you will apply your professional and technical skills on a wide variety of transactions and at different stages of the transaction process. What you will do
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Evaluating a business' historical performance and sustainability of earnings/cash flows, working capital cycles, financial projections, key contractual commitments, accounting policies and management control environment.
• Identifying and reporting key issues, performing the relevant financial analysis, and interpreting results.
• Undertaking smaller assignments or assisting on larger assignments reporting to a manager, senior manager, or a partner.
• Participating in KPMG's engagement teams with senior client executives, attorneys, and investors.
• Writing detailed professional reports and other client deliverables.
• Establishing credibility and developing relationships with current and prospective clients.
• Providing support/assistance for proposals.
• Contributing to the effective working of the team and development of team morale.
• Occasionally supporting one of our other business units in a cross-functional role (e.g. Valuations, Corporate Finance, Restructuring, Global Infrastructure Advisory Group, etc.).
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need extra time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this. What you bring to the role
A successful candidate will possess the following skills and behaviours:
• 2+ years of relevant post-grad work experience - M&A experience in an advisory, corporate, bank, or private equity environment is considered an asset.
• CPA Student, CPA or equivalent and an MBA, CFA, CBV, or CMA is a plus.
• Highly motivated, committed, and flexible to cope with changing priorities and strict deadlines.
• Financial and commercial awareness with strong analytical skills.
• Demonstrated ability to learn and succeed in a fast-paced environment is essential.
• Curiosity, healthy skepticism, creativity, and attention to detail.
• The ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Above-average proficiency using Microsoft Excel.
• Ability to build effective working relationships internally and externally.
• Willingness and ability to travel internationally as required.
• Business fluency in French and English Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance