Requisition ID: 109763
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. Purpose
Contributes to the overall success of the Talent Solutions team in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. Accountabilities
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Drives the end-to end recruitment process for complex and specialized portfolio, including intake session with hiring manager, communication with candidates, interviews, assessments, offer management and negotiation, and exception decisions from the business on salary and benefits.
- Supports more complex business lines working with executives and senior leaders. Recruits for senior, complex and specialized roles.
- Manages complex compensation negotiations with candidates and engages Total Rewards, as required.
- Drives the candidate's talent journey with the Bank, leading the end-to-end candidate experience; acting as a point of contact and building influential candidate relationships during the selection process.
- Partners with hiring managers and senior leaders above the Director level from intake through to advising on hiring decisions to successfully convert candidate to new hires.
- Partners with Consultants, Talent Acquisition - Sourcing, Research Associates and Hire & Onboarding Administrators to develop a robust candidate pipeline, , acquire the best people and ensure a smooth candidate experience.
- Proactively sources and attracts candidates through various channels and build a pipeline of candidates for all critical, difficult to fill and complex roles.
- Reviews unclear pre-employment screening results and provides recommendations for a hiring decision.
- Proactively monitors developments in the external labour market and broader industry, in order to bring trends and best practices into the Bank. Identifies problem areas within assigned portfolio, escalating issues to Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition and Hiring Manager, as required.
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champions a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
- At least 3-5 years of progressive recruitment experience
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and conduct intake meetings with leaders at all levels
- Experience sourcing candidates for complex roles
- Experience working with aligned business/function/geography
- Demonstrated expertise in behavioural interviewing techniques
- Demonstrated ability to connect big picture to team and individual contributions
- Demonstrated ability to identify strengths in others, and help build on those strengths to meet both individual and team goals
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate business needs and provide value to hiring managers/senior leaders through innovative solutions
- Demonstrated ability to encourage other to explore new ideas, and motivates others to move forward after challenges and setbacks.
- Possesses clear sense of urgency and ability to make decisions at a high pace
- Familiarity with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) is an asset
- Post-secondary degree or diploma preferred
- Bilingual communication skills in French is a requirement
Location(s): Montreal || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Consultant, Consulting, HR, Recruiting, Contract, Bilingual, Human Resources
Banking, Finance and Insurance