You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 219,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 147 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. What you will do
We are seeking talented and energetic candidates to join our team as a Senior Consultant working in our Sustainability Services practice in Montreal .
The Senior Consultant role in our sustainability services practice will be responsible for:
- Working alongside with both our local Montreal sustainability team and the broader KPMG national team on ESG - related client engagements.
- Providing support including preparation and delivery of reports and presentations to help clients understand and identify their material ESG issues, develop their sustainability strategy , quantify ESG impacts, and improve their public disclosures . Research and benchmarking of ESG reporting of comparators.
- Providing clients with advice on sustainable finance best practices including the integration of ESG considerations into investment processes , banking, insurance, and other financial services .
- Providing clients with advice on the initial and continuing application of relevant industry reporting Frameworks including TCFD, SASB, GRI, CD P and Integrated Reporting.
- Supporting clients with the identification and assessment of climate change risks & opportunities to inform climate strategy and overall business resilience .
- Quantification of ESG impacts such as GHG emissions (Scope 1, 2, and 3), waste, water, community investment, sustainable supply chains, health and safety (H&S), diversity and other non-financial metrics.
- Conducting sustainability assurance procedures of client's non-financial information reported in public disclosures using ISAE 3000 and ISAE 3410 accounting standards.
What you bring to the role
- Development and delivery of training on ESG topics to clients and internal KPMG teams.
- Helping grow our business through building and maintaining strong relationships with both clients and KPMG individuals.
- Contributing to our business development activities such as proposal development, marketing, internal and external presentations on ESG trends
- Contributing to KPMG 's international sustainability thought leadership
- Undergraduate or Masters degree in sustainability, environmental studies, or another related program
- Strong academic performance with demonstrated quantitative skills
- At least 2 years of work experience in sustainability / ESG -related field, including experience developing sustainability programs and strategy
- Strong understanding of industry reporting frameworks such as the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), SASB, TCFD, CDP , the GHG Protocol and PCAF .
- Understanding of sustainable finance, climate modelling/scenario analysis and/or knowledge of ESG practices in the Quebec market is appreciated.
- IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word/PowerPoint (data analytics and visualization skills are considered a differentiator)
- Ability to combine both quantitative and qualitative analysis to solve sustainability-related business problems
- Attention to detail and commitment to deliver high-quality work
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deliver commitments on time
- Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, organisation and evaluative skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in both French and English
- Inquisitive mind with a strong passion for sustainability and ESG issues
- An ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals both internally and e xternally
- Self-driven and resilient
- Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment
Keys to your success:
- Focus on delivering high quality work whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail.
- Strong time management, planning, and organizing skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear, and confidently conveying messages in a credible and persuasive manner
- Proven ability to sustain a high level of drive enthusiasm, and a positive attitude when coping with pressure at work
- Capacity for working hard to meet demands at key times of pressure. Resilient in the face of challenges or obstacles
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org