At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world. The opportunity:
Deal Advisory's Restructuring & Turnaround group helps companies that facing economic challenges and uncertainty as a result of a variety of reasons including business underperformance, an imminent liquidity crisis and/or an inability to raise new capital. When companies are faced with these challenges, our team provides financial advisory services to lenders, management, boards of directors, regulators, and other key stakeholders.
What to make the difference in the life of entrepreneur, C-suites, business owners and their employees, partners and stakeholders by providing advice and solutions in financial stressed and distressed environment. Our Restructuring and Turnaround professionals help boards, business owners to turnaround, restructure or sale their company in order to preserve their business and turn them to a viable and a profitable one.
We also advice banks and other lenders on the financial situation of their clients in their lending portfolio.
We offer our clients start-to-finish support in their turnaround or restructuring process, including input on strategy, early identification of risk areas, coordination and execution of the work.
are private corporates, public companies and lenders. Our people
are motivated self-starters with expertise in finance, financial modeling, accounting, financial reporting, restructuring and insolvency, M&A, working capital and cost optimization. Our network
is global. What you will do
Our Restructuring & Turnaround team in Montreal is looking for a professional like you with the skills and drive to make a real difference.
As aSenior Consultant
, Restructuring & Turnaround, you will apply your professional and technical skills in finance, strategy, financial restructuring, and business operations on a wide variety of transactions and at different stages of the transaction:
- Conduct financial analyses (including building complex financial models) of companies in a variety of industries, including the review of their operations and cash flows.
- Prepare independent business reviews and assist in the restructuring/refinancing of underperforming companies.
- Take possession and secure assets, including assisting in receivership activities.
- Assist with the preparation of reports for clients and for the court.
- Communicate directly with a variety of parties including clients, other advisors, stakeholders and creditors.
- Assist with business development initiatives.
- Prepare documents to support sales and investor solicitation processes.
- Provide analytical and market research information.
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Employees may also need to travel for client engagements. Likewise, people need time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this. What you bring to the role
Keys to your success:
- Professional designation in Accounting (CPA) is required.
- Ability to prepare detailed, functional financial models, including financial projections is an asset.
- Knowledge of the restructuring and insolvency industry is an asset.
- Knowledge of Tableau, Alteryx and PowerBi is an asset.
- Strong technical, analytical skills and computer skills (particularly modeling in Excel).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French and English to ensure communication with our internal and external stakeholders.
- Interest in registering for the Chartered Insolvency and Restructuring Professional (CIRP) qualification program. Strong consideration will be given to candidates already registered to the CIRP programs.
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here . Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page .