Permanent Primary Location:
Montreal, Quebec, Canada All Available Locations:
External Posting Description
The Advisory Services group is rapidly expanding. Joining our team will provide you with opportunities to develop and hone skills, expand your internal and external networks and be a key member in the growth of our practice.
A career in Audit Advisory will offer you the opportunity to:
- Work in a fast growing and challenging environment with like-minded people who are eminent in their respective technical field
- Develop solutions through debate and discussion, in our teams and with clients
- Continue your professional development to reinforce and expand your chosen career path
- Work with high profile clients on a variety of unique engagements
Our Advisory Finance team focuses on enabling CFOs and their Finance teams for success. We focus on applying our deep knowledge of financial reporting requirements, controls and processes to the operational aspects of Finance - "How" Finance does what it needs to do and where it can enhance the value it brings to the organization. Our core services include CFO / Finance Effectiveness Workshops, Finance diagnostic, Financial close workshop, IPO Lab and "Fix Finance" projects and Technology Advisory. We are looking for professionals with strong problem solving skills (diagnostic and solution development), a breadth of knowledge with respect to the operational aspects of financial reporting and strong facilitation skills.
As a Senior in Advisory - Finance you will:
- Participate in sessions and workshop, taking notes to document reports including: current state findings and solutions.
- Develop materials for, and participate in the delivery of, finance effectiveness and visioning workshops
- Document companies' key performance metrics as well as visualize these metrics using visualization tools
- Understand and document companies' processes as well as conduct research into financial systems
- Opportunities may arise to serve clients and / or support local office teams around the country and / or internationally
External Posting Qualifications
Your role as a senior staff member at Deloitte:
- •Identify and embrace our purpose and values,and put them into practice when executing daily tasks/activities
- •Enhance personal development skills by actively seeking opportunities for growth, sharing knowledge and experiences with others, and acting as a strong brand ambassador for the firm
- •Seek challenging opportunities across businesses and borders and take accountability for personal and team results
- •Build relationships and communicate effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders
- •Understand objectives for clients and Deloitte, align your work to objectives, and set personal priorities
- Working towards completing or finished the CPA, CA designation
- Have completed at least 2 years as an auditor in accounting firm
- Must possess strong technical skills (GAAP, control certification, securities and regulatory, assurance) and experience in and knowledge of Public Sector Standards, IFRS, ASPE, and internal controls and risk
- Operational (ability to translate the "what is required" into the "how it's done")
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Problem solving (ability to "find it" and "fix it")
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to write and communicate effectively in French and English
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive - both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Apply now × Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply
Posted: February 14, 2019
Closes: April 15, 2019