At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world. The Opportunity
KPMG's Enterprise Tax Group is looking for a Manager and a Senior Consultant to join their team in the downtown Montreal office. If you are looking for a career growth opportunity, please continue reading.
The wide range of companies we serve and assignments we undertake offers our employees great variety in their work. Visits to clients are an important aspect of most positions, so you'll be working in a variety of settings, industries, locations and companies. At KPMG, your days will follow one another, but they won't be the same.
Working in KPMG's Enterprise Tax Group means helping clients with their tax planning and obligations, but it also means using your skills, knowledge and tact to influence a client's business strategy, and even their bottom line. What you will doAs an Consultant/ Senior Consultant, you will have the opportunity to:
• Participate in the preparation of tax provisions and tax compliance.
• Join the tax engagement team to meet clients' needs for the preparation of tax provisions and tax compliance.
• Participate in engagements for KPMG Private Clients.
• Prepare and collaborate on tax research presentations for clients.
• Supervise the work of less experienced team members.
• Communicate on a regular basis with clients to assist them with their various tax obligations. As a Manager you will have the opportunity to: •
Lead tax compliance and provisioning engagements for small to mid-sized clients.
• Work closely with Senior Manager, Executive Directors and Partners as a senior member on tax compliance and provisioning assignments for large clients.
• Collaborate with auditors on complex tax provision mandates.
• Oversee the accuracy and quality of work performed by less experienced team members.
• Integrate with the tax engagement team to respond to various client requests.
• Ensure staff development through ongoing support and coaching.
• Collaborate with team members to obtain new assignments.
• Review individual, trust, corporate and partnership tax returns, ensuring deadlines are met.
• Raise potential tax planning issues.
• Meet with clients and establish good business relationships. What you bring to the role
• Highly motivated and enthusiastic about taking on a variety of challenges.
• Highly motivated and eager to progress and learn.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
• Excellence in customer service and ability to understand customers' business needs.
• Desire to provide customers with quality service and value.
• Effective management of multiple requirements and priorities.
• Dedication and willingness to maintain high standards of customer service and professionalism in the performance of duties. As a Consultant / Senior Consultant;
• Minimum 2 years' experience in an office environment.
• Must have passed CFA and have or be in the process of obtaining CPA.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrate ability to build relationships with customers, colleagues and the community.
• Willingness to learn and develop. As a Manager;
• Dedication and willingness to maintain high standards of customer service and professionalism in the performance of duties.
• Ability to lead client engagements and interact effectively with clients.
• At least 3 years tax experience in a public accounting firm.
• Professional accounting designation (CPA).
• Completed CPA Canada Fundamental Tax Course or Master's degree in taxation.
• Effective management of multiple requirements and priorities. Keys to your success
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business.
Our professionals take personal responsibility for their work, are committed to service excellence and strive to achieve their full potential. They understand the importance of building strong relationships with their current and future clients, their community, KPMG International and their colleagues. All KPMG professionals must possess the following qualities:
• A strong work ethic;
• A willingness to take on challenges;
• A desire to provide exceptional service.
Find out where a career with KPMG can take you. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here . Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page .