At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
The opportunity: KPMG's Advisory practice is growing,
and we require strong, curious, enthusiastic professionals to join our dynamic team in Montréal. Specifically, our Governance, Risk and Compliance
practice is comprised of business-focused advisors who work to understand our clients' business issues and to develop and execute approaches to address these challenges. Our value is in applying and integrating our wide range of advisory, business, governance, risk management, assurance and technology know-how to specific business and management challenges. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Participate in an array of fast-paced client engagements of varying size, scope and complexity across our three service lines: Internal Audit, Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR) and Governance / Enterprise Risk Management (ERM). Your day-to-day activities will include:
- Participate in internal audit mandates to assist our clients to evaluate the operational effectiveness and risk exposure for key organizational risk areas. You will support in planning the audit scope and approach, developing the customized audit program, executing the specific audit procedures to be followed, and writing internal audit reports.
- Assist the planning and execution of ICFR engagements to assist clients with their CEO and CFO certification process under National Instrument 52-109 (NI 52-109) or Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Act. Your responsibilities will include documenting relevant financial reporting processes and internal controls and designing and conducting tests to evaluate the effectiveness of identified key controls.
- Assist organizations in various types of enterprise risk management engagements, including but not limited to developing risk appetite statements, designing and implementing various risk management frameworks and facilitating enterprise risk assessments.
- Assist organizations in various board advisory services, including but not limited to board effectiveness review.
- Conduct client interviews, reviewing and analyzing documents and data, conducting research and benchmarking and assisting with client workshops.
- Make a difference with your contributions to other practice initiatives through knowledge sharing, HR initiatives and practice management opportunities.
A successful candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
Keys to your success:
- Degree(s): Undergraduate / Graduate degree from an accredited university in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Economics or related field
- Certification(s): possess (or working towards obtaining) CPA, CIA, CRMA, CRMP
- 2-4 years' experience with a public accounting firm or within industry
- A general understanding of internal audit, governance, risk management or regulatory compliance (e.g.: SOX/52-109)
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here . Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.