Senior Consultant - Financial Services Risk Management
Reference ID: MON001CV
We help the world's largest financial institutions navigate the intricate regulatory environment to effectively manage and assess capital in support of their ongoing strategies. More than ever, financial institutions are investing in enhancing their capital management capabilities to make better business decisions, presenting us with the unique opportunity to rally together to solve our clients' most complex challenges.
EY's Financial Services Risk Management (FSRM) practice is an advisory unit that provides risk management support to banks, insurers and asset managers. Our team includes individuals who have industry, client and product knowledge as well as quantitative, regulatory, project management and technology professionals. We are seeking a Senior Consultant with credit risk experience acquired in the banking industry or in advisory services to join our team. They will be based in our Montreal office, and must be able to work in French and in English.
Your key responsibilities
The FSRM Senior will be responsible for engagement execution and delivery; take part to EY educational program to continuously develop skills; as well as developing and maintaining productive relationships with clients. Ability to travel on short notice to serve Canadian clients outside Montreal (expected travel is less than 20%).
Skills and attributes for success
• Strong communication, presentation and technical writing skills to describe ideas, concepts and issues that involve interpretation, analysis and assessment of complex conceptual topics
To qualify for the role you must have
• Strong academic background with a bachelor's or master's degree in Finance or Engineering (equivalent education and/or experience may also be considered)
• Knowledge of credit risk regulatory requirements (Basel II, Basel III) and accounting standards (IAS 39, IFRS 9)
• Knowledge or experience of credit risk models and methodologies: measurement methodologies (PD, LGD and EAD), collateral management, limits and exposures management, grouping methodology for homogeneous retail exposure.
• Must be able to work in French and in English.
Ideally, you'll also have
• Self starting attitude, an ability to think out of the box and driven by new challenges
What we look for
If you're a natural leader with a talent for answering and communicating complex client problems, we're interested in you. You'll need to be great at influencing people, ready to listen and confident in challenging the status quo. If you have a genuine passion for helping businesses address their most pressing problems, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Posted: February 16, 2019
Closes: April 17, 2019