You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 219,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 147 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. The opportunity:
We are looking for an experienced business resilience professional to join our growing Cyber Security practice as a Senior Consultant.
The Cyber Security team is one which has received tremendous investment and has been identified as a transformational part of the firm to deliver growth over the next five years. It is an excellent opportunity for those that are looking to work in a firm and department with unparalleled career progression opportunities.
The successful candidate will focus primarily on developing business resilience programs for our clients, and will:
What you will do
- Design and implement business continuity management (BCM) systems for complex organizations
- Lead business impact analyses and risk assessments over critical assets
- Design business resilience strategies and implementation plans
- Develop business continuity, disaster recovery, crisis management and incident/emergency response plans
- Analyze business continuity plans and disaster recovery plans to identify gaps and propose improvement strategies
- Design and deliver BCM training, awareness and cultural change programs
- Lead BCM exercising simulations
- Lead BCM technology selection
- Support clients with their ISO 22301 certification efforts.
What you bring to the role
- Manage the development and execution of business resilience engagements and project plans
- Simultaneously manage work on multiple client engagements of varying size, scope and complexity
- Provide technical expertise and translate subject matter specifics into business language
- Help lead our clients through small to large scale business resilience transformations
- Communicate (written and verbal) findings, recommendations, and other deliverables to clients including technical and business communication to management through the preparation of reports, presentations, analyses, and other deliverables
- Take an active role in the business community to increase awareness of the firm's services by;
- developing and maturing relationships internally and with clients and target clients;
- identifying and assisting in pursuit of opportunities;
- assisting in development of marketing materials, proposals, presentations and research
- Lead and contribute to other practice initiatives, including but not limited to knowledge sharing, training, and other activities
- Provide guidance and oversight to more junior personnel.
Keys to your success:
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science, Business administration or a related discipline
- DESS in Resilience, risks and disasters is an asset
- Certified Business Continuity Professional designation is an asset
- Relevant designations/certifications are an asset (e.g. ISO 22301 lead auditor or lead implementer, CBCP/MBCP, CBCI, CISSP and other related certifications)
- 4-7 years of relevant experience (e.g. emergency management office, risk and compliance management, operations, consulting, business continuity, etc.) is required
- Experience in any of the following industries is an asset: financial services, technology, cloud-based businesses, Fintech, mining, energy, utilities, public sector and consulting
- Ability to travel within Canada for engagements is required
- Excellent communication skills and ability to express insights in English and French, both written and orally.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Highly driven, autonomous, resilient and team player with a strong work ethic
- Being proactive in determining priorities and managing multiple deadlines
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance