Permanent Reference code
: 119085 Primary Location:
Montreal, Quebec, Canada All Available Locations:
Montreal, QC; Quebec City, QCOur Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
- Experience MyFlex and an agile work environment where work is what you do not where you do it
If you are inquisitive, innovative, enjoy variety and fresh challenge, and want to be part of growing world-class P&C actuarial team then contact us. Our group is rapidly expanding and we are looking for leading talent to support this growth. Joining our team will provide you with unique opportunities to develop and hone skills, work on industry leading engagements, expand your internal and external networks and be a key contributor in the growth of our practice.What will your typical day look like?
As a Senior Consultant, you will be responsible for:
• Leading delivery P&C work on a wide range of consulting projects within actuarial, pricing, underwriting / claims and advanced analytics domains
• Support national leader with new business and sales initiatives. Lead new business proposals, from planning responses, to leading orals to delivering client presentations across British Columbia and neighboring provinces
• Supervising engagements such as IFRS 17, Pricing and Digital Transformation and Process Automation (PA) where you will manage actuarial Consultants and Analysts
• Staying abreast of technical P&C industry developments like MCT, FCT, ORSA, etc. as well as leading proposals and engagements in fields such as IFRS 17, Advanced Analytics, RPA / Automation
• Developing P&C market offerings by contributing with innovative approaches to existing initiatives and other proofs-of-concept
• Support the coaching and developing of junior team members within a high-performing teamAbout the team
Our Canadian Actuarial practice is over 70 strong, and has tripled in size over 5 years. We are part of Deloitte's worldwide actuarial network, which includes over 1000 actuarial professionals working in 43 countries. AIS is part of Deloitte's Assurance & Advisory practice and provides a wide range of consulting services within life, pension and property & casualty (P&C). We pride ourselves on the variety of work we offer to our people and our innovative and collaborative culture.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
• A Masters / Bachelor's degree in the fields Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Science or Data Science
• A Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society (FCAS) and / or the Canadian Institute of Actuaries (FCIA) with relevant post-fellowship experience a must. Post-actuarial credentials like an MBA, CERA or CFA an asset
• From 4-7 years (Senior Consultant) of relevant actuarial P&C working experience preferably within pricing, capital modelling and /or analytics
• Knowledge of actuarial software packages within the pricing, reserving and modelling domain
• Programming skills (Visual Basic, R, Python, etc.) and visualization tools like Tableau an asset
• Comfortable and experienced presenting technical concepts to a C-Suite executives, boards and internal committees. Superior written, verbal and presentation skills
• Ability to manage teams and/or engagements with concurrent priorities whilst keeping team members' moral highOur promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you're from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships - between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities. The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Accounting, Developer, QC, Consulting, Equity, Finance, Technology, Quality
Apply now "
Banking, Finance and Insurance