Permanent Primary Location:
Montreal, Quebec, Canada All Available Locations:
Montreal; Quebec City
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
If you are inquisitive, innovative, enjoy variety and new challenges, and you want to be part of growing world class P&C actuarial team, then contact us. Our group is rapidly expanding and we are looking for leading talent to support this growth. Joining our team will provide you with unique opportunities to develop and hone skills, work on industry leading engagements, expand your internal and external networks and be a key contributor in the growth of our practice. What will your typical day look like?
As a Senior Consultant in the Actuarial practice, you will be a part of team of like-minded individuals where you will work to contribute to market initiatives. You will:
- Support practice leaders by delivering P&C work on a wide range of consulting projects within actuarial, underwriting / claims and advanced analytics domains;
- Assist in developing market offerings by contributing with innovative approaches to existing firm initiatives;
- Work with high profile clients in a variety of actuarial engagements, including IFRS 17, Robotics Process Automation (RPA), actuarial transformation, Appointed Actuary, algorithm assurance, audit review, and strategy work;
About the team
- Stay abreast of technical industry developments like IFRS 17 and LICAT/MCT, etc. as well as broader industry developments in the fields such as InsurTech, Advanced Analytics, RPA and Blockchain ;
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to personal learning and development; act as a brand ambassador to help attract top-talent;
- Actively focus on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills.
Our Canadian Actuarial team is over 70 strong, and has tripled in size over 5 years. We are part of Deloitte's worldwide actuarial network, which includes over 1000 actuarial professionals working in 43 countries. AIS is part of Deloitte's Assurance & Advisory practice and provides a wide range of consulting services. We pride ourselves on the variety of work we offer to our people and our innovative and collaborative culture.
Work in a fast growing, challenging and rewarding environment with practitioners who are eminent in their respective areas of expertise. Continue to pursue your actuarial fellowship and professional development white engaging on exciting assignments. Work with high profile clients operating in the North American Life Insurance (Life) space as well as within the broader insurance space. Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
- A Bachelor's degree from a leading University in the fields Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Science or Data Science with Actuarial exams in progress;
- Proficient knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and AXIS;
- Programming skills (Visual Basic, R, Python, etc.) and visualization tools like Tableau an asset;
- A minimum of 2 years relevant working experience in a dynamic industry environment / department within an insurance company, reinsurer, insurance broker or accounting / consulting firm;
- Proficiency / mastery within at least two of the following "traditional" actuarial disciplines: pricing, reserving, capital management or analytics;
- Ability to work within a team structure and deliver high-quality work under time constraints;
- An inquisitive, positive mindset topped with a relentless drive to move things ahead;
- Overseas working experience and French and/ or Spanish verbal and written communication skills would be considered an asset.
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Manufacturing and Production