TELUS is a great place to work. You can see it in our team members. The TELUS team's diversity and its members' unique contributions set us apart from the competition. Our success is founded on our brand promise - the future is friendly - as well as on our team members' tireless dedication to putting our customers at the heart of everything we do. TELUS offers a broad range of innovative products and services in every information technology and telecommunications sector.
Our team members include people like you - enthusiastic, creative, passionate and energetic. We think you'll find our engaging, high-performance culture personally fulfilling, professionally challenging, and financially rewarding.
You'll also find plenty of satisfaction in our high-tech work environment: competitive compensation, a full range of benefits, a share purchase plan, and flexible scheduling and workplace options. Join the TELUS team, and make your future friendly too. Overview of the role
Reporting to the Director, Communications, the Senior Communication Manager will be responsible for all internal communications as well as deployment of select outreach strategies for the TELUS Business Solutions.
In addition to managing strategic communication initiatives, the successful candidate will develop internal communication plans, manage organizational changes, advise senior leaders on internal and external visibility, draft a variety of communication pieces and select optimal internal communication channels, and work with a variety of corporate stakeholders throughout the country. Beyond these requirements, this position requires excellent writing skills and proficiency in the French and English languages. Qualifications: Responsibilities
• Develops and implements communication plans with consistent messaging while supporting achievement of specific objectives
• Manages internal organizational changes including developing and execution of strategy, project management, and risk assessment
• Advises senior executives on all issues surrounding communications and outreach
• Develops strategies which instill team member pride and engagement
• Drafts, revises, edits, and produces a broad range of communication tools, including memos, bulletins, articles, toolkits, organizational announcements, presentations, and speaking notes, targeting a variety of internal audiences
• Drafts, revises, edits, and produces external speeches for the President and senior executives
• Works collaboratively with Quebec teams, media relations, government relations, and investor relations teams to deliver communication services and programs that drive the company's business priorities and align with our brand
• Advises internal clients on communication strategies, channels, and tactics which best address their needs, and works closely with her/his corporate communication colleagues
• Creates and manages all special internal communication projects
• Manages content generation for internal events, including senior leadership roadshows
• Updates and refreshes communication tools based on emerging technologies and the company's communication objectives
• Proposes and tracks key performance indicators for communications
• Builds and manages a permanent network of dialogue and consultation with various internal stakeholders and partners
• Rigorously monitors budgets for all projects Required skills and abilities
• Excellent writing ability and mastery of English
• Writing ability and mastery of French is an asset
• Excellent understanding of the strategic policies, practices and principles of internal communications for a large national corporation
• Strategic vision and political acumen, results-oriented approach, and a marked focus on client satisfaction
• Strong ability to analyze and summarize, and skilled in grasping and articulating complex situations or issues
• Ability to adapt to a challenging and rapidly-evolving work environment, multi-task, manage budgets, juggle multiple requests, prioritize projects, and meet tight deadlines
• Strong ability to manage organizational challenges
• Outstanding skills in drafting communication plans, bulletins, articles, presentations, communication toolkits, speeches, and other documents
• Very good understanding of task-specific software and tools (Microsoft Office, the Internet; PowerPoint; Excel)
• Ability to effectively collaborate with a variety of stakeholders and build business partnerships
• Familiarity with the telecommunications sector an asset Required background
• University degree in communications, journalism, writing, human resources or public relations Required experience
• Minimum of ten years' experience on a corporate communications team, preferably for a major national company Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn't matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you
create future friendly ® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Sales and Marketing