At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
At KPMG Québec, we are looking for a Senior Business Intelligence Consultant to assist in generating meaningful data-driven insights for our clients. In this role, you will gather internal and external data from different business sectors and different fields. You will use it to create presentations about various aspects, such as risks, costs, revenue, performance, market capitalization, growth, competition, etc.
As a business intelligence expert, you will guide our clients in data collection, data processing and the choice of visualizations, dashboards and KPIs. You will be working with a team to mine data, transform data and develop business intelligence tools. Ultimately, you'll help us turn data into knowledge using business intelligence and analytic solutions.
In parallel to the development and maintenance of business intelligence tools, you will also be responsible for the regular and ad-hoc analysis of data for stakeholders across KPMG's functions, regions, and sectors. What you will do
As a Business Intelligence expert, you will be responsible for: Designing and developing data analysis solutions:
Designing and developing business intelligence solutions :
- Working with multiple data sources and databases
- Developing data collection process for data analysis projects
- Developing data cleansing rules for our clients
- Ensuring we use accurate and securing methods to extract data
- Building and verifying new data models that aid decision-making
- Reviewing and analyzing data from multiple internal and external sources
- Working with clients to prepare reports for decision-makers.
- Evaluating existing data-collecting and analytics systems
- Communicating analysis results and making recommendations to clients
What you bring to the roleTechnical Skills
- Overseeing BI projects under your control from start to finish
- Producing insightful reporting outputs to assist our clients
- Utilizing data analytics tools and visualization platforms
- Identifying trends and areas for BI analysis.
- Educating clients and internal partners on the role of business intelligence
- Expanding the BI capabilities and outputs across KPMG
- Using data visualization techniques to present information
To ensure success as a Senior Business Intelligence Consultant, you should have:
Description of level of Qualifications
- An analytical background
- A passion for data processing
- A flair for presenting complex concepts to a less technical audience
- Deep experience of BI tools, especially MS Power BI and Tableau
- Experience with for data collection, data blending, as well as data transformation and analysis tools such as Alteryx (or others)
- Experience at writing business & user requirements
- Strong skills in PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365's tools like Power Automate, Power Apps, SharePoint
- A degree in data analytics, computer science, economics, or finance.
- Additional certifications would be an asset (e.g. Microsoft/Alteryx/Tableau certifications).
Keys to your success:
- Minimum +3 years of hands-on experience in using business intelligence, analytics and/or data visualization tools (Alteryx, Tableau, MS Power BI)
- Exposure to programming and data environments (VBA, SAS, Hadoop, R, Python, etc.) and other visualization tools (MS SQL BI Stack: [SSDS, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS], etc.) is considered an asset
- Proven experience at developing BI tools in a complex or diverse multi-functional environment
- Comfortable with data and process complexity, and finding a new path/solution
- Proven experience as a \"self-starter\" - ability to work independently on a daily basis and ability to use own initiative to identify practical solutions to resolve issues that arise
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French
- Collaborative mindset
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here . Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.