630 boul Rene Levesque Ouest
Job Family Group:
Retail Banking Sales & Service
Delivers exceptional service to BMO customers and prospects. Identifies customer needs and provides advice and guidance regarding financial solutions that are in the best interests of customers. Works collaboratively within the branch and with BMO partners to deliver the desired customer experience and achieve overall business objectives.
We're here to help
- Develops and implements an annual business development plan to maximize referrals / opportunities through proactive outreach to branch-managed small business clients, personal prospects from business banking, and other selected personal customers.
- Supports the growth in new business by developing personal and small business solutions tailored to unique / specific customer segments.
- Builds and manages a network of internal and external referral sources to grow BMO's business and make referrals to BMO partners.
- Works with partners to proactively identify small business clients that are personal banking prospects.
- Contributes to growing loyalty by creating great customer experiences grounded in an understanding of the personal and small business banking needs of the customer.
- Engages customers to complete needs assessments that identify financial solutions and preferred banking channels while recommending tailored solutions addressing both sales and service needs (e.g. everyday banking, retail investments, lending solutions, home financing (including business-for-self applications)), and small business solutions).
- Offers clients advice and guidance on available digital and self-serve options with the goal of making banking easy, simple, and fast.
- Supports customer transactions needs based on customer traffic.
- Engages customers to grow BMO's business by reaching out, generating appointments, and building new relationships within the community.
- Develops solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Helps determine business priorities and best sequence for execution of business / group strategy.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Acts as a role model for colleagues and supports branch leadership activities.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Addresses questions and resolves issues raised through consumer credit audits and quality checks to ensure accurate data entry and lending application recommendations in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and lending policies and processes.
- Applies the risk management framework to the portfolio to protect the Bank's assets and maintain the quality of the lending portfolio in compliance with requirements for the lending process and established yield, quality, diversification, and risk guidelines.
- Makes credit recommendations for personal lending transactions, including home financing, in accordance with sound credit granting principles and with the Bank's policies and procedures.
- Acts as a key member of a collaborative and versatile branch and market team.
- Probes to understand customer personal banking and credit card needs and integrates marketing promotions and programs into customer conversations to provide strategic advice.
- Organizes work information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Takes the initiative to find creative approaches that make each customer's experience feel personal.
- Looks for ways to contribute to the ongoing improvement of the overall branch customer experience.
- Contributes to business results and the overall experience delivered in the branch.
- May work at multiple branches based on market needs; work schedule may differ from week to week in terms of days worked, hours, and shifts.
- Follows through on risk and compliance processes and policies to ensure we safeguard our customers' assets, maintain their privacy, and act in their best interest.
- Keeps current with the wider financial services marketplace, the legal and regulatory environment, and our commitment to uphold the highest ethical requirements of our industry.
- Maintains current knowledge of personal banking products, practices, and trends and integrates into customer conversations.
- Identifies and reports suspicious patterns of activity that are suspected to be related to money laundering.
- Complies with legal and regulatory requirements for the jurisdiction.
- Protects the Bank's assets in compliance with all regulatory, legal, and ethical requirements.
- Focus may be on a business/group.
- Thinks creatively and proposes new solutions.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works mostly independently.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 3 - 5 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Canada only: Registration to sell investment products completed - as appropriate for the jurisdiction.
- Appropriate lending qualifications and designations.
- In-depth knowledge of personal and small business customer needs and solutions, including solid working knowledge of financial analysis, including cash flow cycle and available cash management products/services.
- Experienced in managing complex personal and small business lending applications/solutions and systems.
- Confident and experienced in the use of social media, tablets, smart phones, online tools, and applications.
- Previous experience in financial services required.
- Passionate commitment and professionalism to helping our customers with the drive to deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- A focus on results, relationship management and the ability to thrive in a consultative sales and team based environment.
- Readiness to collaborate and work in different capacities as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to build rapport and proactively establish personal connections.
- An aptitude for listening, problem solving, and responding flexibly and creatively to new challenges.
- Specialized knowledge from education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.
Banking, Finance and Insurance Retail