Roynat Capital, a wholly owned subsidiary of Scotiabank, is a national lender and investor with expertise in providing innovative long-term capital solutions for mid-sized companies utilizing senior term, subordinated debt, as well as mezzanine capital and common share equity. We provide tailored solutions to clients for acquisitions, business expansions, wealth monetization, and working capital enhancement. With a national presence in Canada in major markets, Roynat assists growth-oriented companies in reaching their goals across a wide range of industries. Position Summary:
The Quebec District office is currently seeking a Senior Associate that will provide coverage for the Quebec City marketplace.
The successful candidate will build on their own experience and contacts in the Quebec City area by using a thorough and structured calling program to develop Prospects and Centers of Influence (Scotiabank, Accountants and Commercial Realty Broker contacts); The successful Candidate will also manage an assigned loan portfolio within the area.
The ultimate goal is to provide tailored credit solutions for business expansion, shareholder transactions, management buyouts and wealth monetization to a wide range of industries. This is an ideal candidate for commercial credit professionals holding such titles as a Credit Analyst, Senior Credit Analyst, Account Manager or Senior Account Manager. Top performers from private equity, corporate finance, audit or mergers & acquisitions operations are also strong front-runners for this position. Key Accountabilities:
- Developing and maintaining a regular sales call program on customers to ensure effective management, retention, and expansion of each customer relationship. Establishing and maintaining relationships with major small and medium size industrial and commercial companies (prospects) and key business referral sources in the assigned market area.
- Maintaining a current and thorough knowledge of Roynat Capital's specialized term lending services, leasing, and subordinated debt to effectively promote tailored presentation packages to meet specific customer needs.
- Researching, verifying and analyzing credit applications and preparing comprehensive credit applications of large and complex transactions meeting Term Finance and leasing guidelines.
- Monitoring all assigned accounts to ensure conformity to terms and conditions, as stipulated in credit authorizations with timely financial statement reviews.
- Applying diligence to collecting overdue accounts as reported on the monthly Late Payment Report. Promptly identifying and resolving deteriorating credit quality and participating as necessary in the resolution of problem loan situations;
- Maintaining a solid client relationship on assigned client base, keeping an awareness of the affairs of customers, ensuring administration of the accounts is timely (reviews) and a comprehensive database of activities is maintained.
- A University degree at the undergraduate or graduate level in business or economics or a professional financial designation such as a CPA or CFA.
- 5+ years of related commercial credit or analysis.
- 5+ years of business development experience in a financial services environment.
- You speak French and English, and are comfortable in speaking with clients in both languagues.
We are interested in employees who will take personal responsibility for making our company a success. Our employees are truly valued and treated with respect. The work environment is stimulating, challenging and fun. You'll be surrounded by people who are passionate about what they do.
We recognize people as our most valuable asset. We offer a competitive compensation plan, outstanding benefits package and the professional advantages of an environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements.
Roynat Capital and Scotiabank are equal opportunity employers and welcome applications from all interested parties. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies please.
Location(s): Canada : Quebec : Quebec
We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible. Job Segment:
Equity, Bank, Banking, Business Development, Credit Analyst, Finance, Sales