Roynat Capital, a wholly owned subsidiary of Scotiabank, is a national lender and investor with expertise in providing innovative long-term capital solutions for mid-sized companies utilizing senior term, subordinated debt, as well as mezzanine capital and common share equity. We provide tailored solutions to clients for acquisitions, business expansions, wealth monetization, and working capital enhancement. With a national presence in Canada in major markets, Roynat assists growth-oriented companies in reaching their goals across a wide range of industries.
The Montreal District office is currently seeking an Associate that will provide coverage for the South Shore marketplace.
The successful candidate will build on their own experience and contacts in the area by using a thorough and structured calling program to develop Prospects and Centers of Influence (Scotiabank, Accountants and Commercial Realty Broker contacts); The successful Candidate will also manage an assigned loan portfolio within the area.
The ultimate goal is to provide tailored credit solutions for business expansion, shareholder transactions, management buyouts and wealth monetization to a wide range of industries. This is an ideal candidate for commercial credit professionals holding such titles as a Credit Analyst, Senior Credit Analyst, Account Manager or Senior Account Manage. Top performers from private equity, corporate finance, audit or mergers & acquisitions operations are also strong front-runners for this position. Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? - We'd love to work with you if:
- In this role you will manage an assigned loan portfolio within the area.
- Ultimate goal is to provide tailored credit solutions for business expansion, shareholder transactions, management buyouts and wealth monetization to a wide range of industries.
- The ideal candidate would be commercial credit professionals holding such titles as a Credit Analyst, Senior Credit Analyst, Account Manager or Senior Account Manage. Top performers from private equity, corporate finance, audit or mergers and acquisitions operations are also strong front-runners for this position.
- You will develop and maintain a regular sales call program on customers to ensure effective management, retention, and expansion of each customer relationship. Establishing and maintaining relationships with major small and medium size industrial and commercial companies (prospects) and key business referral sources in the assigned market area.
- Researching, verifying and analyzing credit applications and preparing comprehensive credit applications of large and complex transactions meeting Term Finance and leasing guidelines.
- You will monitor all assigned accounts to ensure conformity to terms and conditions, as stipulated in credit authorizations with timely financial statement reviews.
- Applying diligence to collecting overdue accounts as reported on the monthly Late Payment Report. Promptly identifying and resolving deteriorating credit quality and participating as necessary in the resolution of problem loan situations.
What's in it for you?
- You have a University degree at the undergraduate or graduate level in business or economics or a professional financial designation such as a CPA or CFA.
- Two to four years of related commercial credit or analysis and business development experience in a financial services environment.
- You are bilingual in French and English
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking organization surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development
- Internal training to support your career growth and enhance your skills
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities - for you and our customers
- You can expect to be recognized and rewarded for high-performance. You'll be supported by leadership through meaningful development conversations that enable faster advancement and internal training to support your growth and development.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package
Location(s): Canada : Quebec : Montreal
We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible. Job Segment:
Credit Analyst, M&A, Corporate Finance, Private Equity, Equity, Finance, Management
Banking, Finance and Insurance