Permanent Primary Location:
Montreal, Quebec, Canada All Available Locations:
External Posting Description
Our Montreal office is looking for an M&A Transaction Services Senior Associate to co-coordinate financial due diligence as well as buy and sell side advisory services. In addition, candidates will be expected to work as part of full service Deloitte diligence team, liaising and building relationships with financial advisors/investment banks, legal advisors, commercial diligence providers, corporate lenders, investors and other stakeholders on an agreed scope of work. This includes:
- Quickly developing an understanding of the target business and its drivers
- Interpretation and analysis of information memoranda, business plans, publicly available information on the target business
- Prepare quality of earnings assessments
- Review and analysis of historical trading, cash flow and balance sheets, projects and underlying assumptions
- Review of the adequacy of working capital facilities, including consideration of financing limits, term and covenants
- Evaluation of potential synergies
- Reporting of potential key issues for our clients including identification of risk or price affecting considerations
- Review of sale and purchase agreements and correlating findings of the due diligence process therein
- Review of financial structures and associated credit agreements
External Posting Qualifications
- Completed undergraduate degree with outstanding academic credentials
- Completion or near completion of a CPA or other accounting designation is required
- Completion or in progress of a second designation (i.e. CBV, CFA, etc.) is considered an asset but not required
- 2-5 years of work experience required, of which 1 year in transaction services is preferred
- Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Strong external consulting or advisory experience
- Proven ability to deliver the full cycle of project management
- Experienced with project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations and team leadership
- Strong interest in transactional services
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive - both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Apply now × Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply