Permanent Reference code
:124306 Primary Location:
Montreal, Quebec, Canada All Available Locations:
Montreal, QC Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems.
- Experience MyFlex and an agile work environment where work is what you do not where you do it.
At Deloitte we value the opportunity to network and build relationships with skilled individuals, even in periods where we are not actively hiring. If you would like to apply to this future opportunity role, and have the required qualifications, you can expect to be contacted by the recruitment team within a few days.
Interested in joining our Capital Projects team? Keep reading to learn more!What will your typical day look like?
Working as part of our Infrastructure & Capital Projects Advisory team, our Senior Associate helps our clients define, evaluate, plan and prepare for undertaking major initiatives. They help manage scope, cost, schedule, quality, risk, communications and reporting for complex mega projects. Using our leading practices around governance, people, processes, technology, and data, our practitioners strengthen our client's capital projects framework to help mitigate risks on their initiatives.
Our practitioners also provide advisory support and independent oversight of initiatives through project/contract reviews, assessments and/or audits and provide advice to our clients' senior executives and Boards as they proactively strategize and deliver on their large capital projects. Our practitioners help our clients prepare for the future, in terms of establishing digital strategies, assistance with implementing analytics, and using their data to assist in improving overall performance. They support proposals and business development opportunities and initiatives. About the team
Working in a fast-paced and professionally rewarding environment, our Infrastructure & Capital Projects team is comprised of some 120 professionals nationally. We support public and private sector clients in various sectors such as infrastructure, transit, nuclear power, mining, aerospace and aviation.
We bring practical solutions and add value at every stage of the project lifecycle for clients in highly competitive multi-billion-dollar international engineering, procurement and construction industries. We are experienced consultants, project and program managers, planners and project controllers, architects, engineers, construction managers, contract managers, quantity surveyors and other related management functions. We bring decades of global industry experience which is matched with Deloitte's enviable reputation as a global Professional Service firm and employer of choice.Enough about us, let's talk about you
We are looking for candidates with the following experience. You have:
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life. Be yourself, and more.
- 3-6 years of experience in advisory and/or project management services including project planning and project controls and coordination for capital projects/programs ranging in size from $100 Million to the Billions
- Background or qualification in Engineering, Architecture and/or related Project Management, Construction Management and Project Controls experience
- Experience in delivering capital project advisory mandates for public and/or private sector clients
- Demonstrated excellence in critical thinking, problem solving, communication (verbal and written) and analytical skills
- Demonstrate experience in PMI knowledge areas and process groups including managing projects from initiation to close-out
- Contribute and be responsible for project management related activities of planning, scheduling, estimation and risk analysis for large complex engineering and infrastructure projects.
- Experience in project controls (cost, schedule, risk and scope), earned value management including developing effective executive reports and dashboards
- Experience in planning work and developing/analyzing schedules and conducting root cause analysis based on leading practices
- Experience in data cleansing, analysis report writing and proposal development
- Familiarity with related standards for project and program management (for example, PMI and/or AACEi) including experience in project controls related tools for cost, schedule and risk such as Primavera P6, Microsoft Project, ARM/Risk Analyzer
- Experience with commonly used Project Management Information Systems (PMIS) and technology solutions (for example,Ecosys, Kahua, Unifier and/or PRISM) is an asset
- PMP designation and/or certifications such as PEng, CIQS or RICS is an asset; Certified Value Engineering and/or value engineering expertise is an asset
- Due to the nature of the role having interactions with National & Global clients, bilingualism in French and English is required for this position in Montreal.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance. You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you're from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be. Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader. Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships - between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Nuclear Engineering, Information Systems, Project Manager, Engineer, QC, Engineering, Technology, Quality
Management and Executive