Permanent Primary Location:
Montreal, Quebec, Canada All Available Locations:
Montreal Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
At Deloitte we value the opportunity to network and build relationships with skilled individuals, even in periods where we are not actively hiring. If you would like to apply to this future opportunity role, and have the required qualifications, you can expect to be contacted by the recruitment team within a few days.
Interested in joining our Capital Projects team? Keep reading to learn more!What will your typical day look like?
Working as part of our Infrastructure & Capital Projects team, our Analyst/Senior Associate help our clients define, evaluate, plan and prepare for undertaking major initiatives. They manage scope, cost, schedule, quality, risk, communications and reporting for complex mega projects. Using industrial-strength processes, controls, systems and people, our practitioners strengthen our client's management framework to help mitigate risk on their initiatives.
Our practitioners also provide independent oversight of initiatives through project/contract reviews, assessments and/or audits and provide advice to our client's senior executives and Boards as they proactively strategize and manage procurement, contracts and claims. They will support proposals and business development opportunities and initiatives. Furthermore, our practitioners help our clients prepare for the future, in terms of establishing digital strategies, assistance with implementing analytics, and using their data to assist in improving overall performance. About the team
Working in a fast paced and professionally rewarding environment, our Infrastructure & Capital Projects team is comprised of some 120 professionals nationally. We support public and private sector clients in various sectors such as infrastructure, transit, nuclear power, mining, aerospace and aviation.
We bring practical solutions and add value at every stage of the project lifecycle for clients in highly competitive multi-billion dollar international engineering, procurement and construction industries. We are experienced consultants, project and program managers, planners and project controllers, architects, engineers, construction managers, contract managers, quantity surveyors and other related management functions. We bring decades of global industry experience which is matched with Deloitte's enviable reputation as a global Professional Service firm and employer of choice.Enough about us, let's talk about you
We are looking for candidates with the following experience. You have:
• 3-6 years of experience in project management including project planning and project controls and coordination for capital projects/programs ranging in size from $100 Million to the Billions.
• Background or qualification in Engineering, Architecture and/or related construction experience
• Demonstrate experience in PMI knowledge areas and process groups including managing projects from initiation to close-out
• Contribute and be responsible for project management related activities of planning, scheduling, estimation and risk analysis for large complex engineering and infrastructure projects.
• Experience in project controls (cost, schedule, risk and scope), earned value management including developing effective executive reports and dashboards
• Experience in planning work and developing/analyzing schedules and conducting root cause analysis based on leading practices
• Experience in data cleansing, analysis report writing and proposal development
• Familiarity with related standards for project and program management (for example, PMI, ISO, and/or AACE) including experience in project controls related software such as Primavera P6, Microsoft Project, ARM/Risk Analyzer.
• Experience with commonly used project management information systems (PMIS) and technology solutions (for example, Primavera P6, Ecosys, Kahua, Unifier and/or PRISM) is an asset.
• PMP designation and/or other PMI or AACE designation is an asset.
• Certified Value Engineering and/or value engineering expertise is an assetOur shared values
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We're also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mindset, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Engineer, Program Manager, Equity, Developer, Information Systems, Engineering, Management, Finance, Technology
Management and Executive