Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
It takes an astute combination of analytical skills, business knowledge and an understanding of human behaviour to navigate today's complex risk factors in business - and banking. This is the special expertise of the Actuary professional community at TD.
Actuary roles help us strategically plan our future business success and increasingly, to fulfil specialized functions in areas such as pricing, underwriting, insurance, reinsurance and of course, risk management. We value and customers benefit from the tremendous actuarial talent at the Bank and craft these roles with opportunities for personal and professional growth. Job Description
The main responsibilities of the Corporate Actuarial Senior Analyst in the Capital team include:
- Own Risk and Solvency Assessment (ORSA):
- Support the design and execution of TDI-GI's ORSA internal capital model, including model structure and parameterization for the evaluation of risks to which TDI-GI is exposed;
- Quantify TDI's economic capital as part of TDI's ORSA process; and,
- Ensure compliance with OSFI Guideline E-19.
- Dynamic Capital Adequacy Testing:
- Support the design and execution of TDI-GI's DCAT model;
- Interact with and challenge TDI Finance and the Budget & Forecasting group in the development of the base scenario;
- Develop the various plausible adverse scenarios for the TDI-GI legal entities; and,
- Highlight and quantify potential capital issues that may threaten TDI-GI (e.g. capital structure, investment strategy).
- Ensure compliance with Canadian Actuarial Standards of Practice and OSFI's annual memorandum to the Appointed Actuary.
- Stress Testing:
- Support the execution of TDI-GI's stress testing program and support the execution of the TDBG stress testing program, including TDBG's EWST, MST, and OSFI's SST; and
- Ensure compliance with OSFI Guideline E-18.
- Support the development and maintenance of TDI-GI's ORSA and DCAT reports and associated exhibits, including, but not limited to, the description of modeling methodology, assumptions and results, as well as internal target recommendations.
- Ensure an adequate level of governance, peer review, and challenge of the development and maintenance of the ORSA, DCAT, and Stress Testing processes through:
- Presentations to senior executives, various working groups, and the TDI Risk Capital Committee;
- Interactions with external peer reviewers of the reports;
- Interactions with TD's Model Validation and Management and Model Risk Management groups throughout the model validation process; and,
- Interactions with TDI Risk Management and TDI Audit functions in their reviews of the Capital group's activities.
- Bachelor degree in Actuarial science
- Acquired or working towards Associateship with the Casualty Actuarial Society, Canadian Institute of Actuaries or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of Property & Casualty actuarial experience
- Programming skills in VBA, SAS and/or R is an asset
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical judgment
- Ability to work effectively during periods of stress
- Ability to collaborate and build positive relationships
- Ability to communicate well in writing and speaking, both in French and English.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.