Put simply, our actuarial advisors deliver creative and innovative thinking to clients worldwide, supporting them in making confident financial judgements in support of their business goals. Here, you'll be right at the heart of that mission, playing a critical role in the delivery of projects, working directly with clients, contributing to team and peer development and building your personal brand. The opportunity
EY's insurance and actuarial practice in Canada is growing and we are looking for actuarial professionals with experience in life and health insurance and the development of models in AXIS to fill roles as Actuarial Consultants. The successful candidates will be responsible for applying their knowledge and experience in a wide variety of projects including audits and external peer reviews, AXIS conversions, IFRS 17 implementation, process improvement and automation and modelling and analysis supporting various actuarial projects. EY is flexible with respect to location and can accommodate candidates in Quebec City, Montreal, Toronto and Waterloo. This position offers the right professional a tremendous opportunity for learning, leading, teaming, and career advancement.
Your key responsibilities
• Applying your actuarial knowledge and experience in life and health insurance to enable the delivery of actuarial and broader insurance projects. This may include model validation, peer review, audit, pricing, due diligence and numerous other projects. Skills and attributes for success
• Developing, converting and/or validating AXIS models
• Contributing to team success through peer review, sharing knowledge and insights, being proactive and assertive.
• Developing individual capabilities: expanding the breadth of one's personal knowledge and capabilities, monitoring developments in life insurance actuarial practice
• The successful candidate must be willing and able to travel. Travel is typically to Canadian client locations but can involve work and travel on projects in the US.
We're most interested in intellectually curious actuaries with a clear passion for actuarial work. You'll also need to be a great communicator, as well as flexible in the face of often rapidly changing projects . You should have Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills To qualify for the role you must have
• Strong conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong collaboration, interpersonal and client-service skills
• At least 2 co-op work terms providing exposure to life insurance products, practice and tools Other desirable skills and experiences
• Actively pursuing Fellowship in the Canadian Institute of Actuaries or equivalent
• Demonstrated PC proficiency including knowledge of Excel
• Functional ability to communicate in French, both written and orally, is an asset. What we look for
• Experience developing, maintaining and using models built in AXIS or other actuarial software (eg Prophet, Alfa, Python) would be an asset.
• Knowledge and experience in best practices in model development would be an asset.
• Experience in reserving, capital and financial reporting would be an asset.
We are looking for the next generation of outstanding leaders to continue our legacy. Our top performers in the past have demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills, and an ability to adapt and collaborate in changing circumstances. If you are someone who exhibits a strong commitment to lead projects to completion on time and within budget. What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture -built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry • Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career • The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Make your mark. Apply today
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance