Senior Accounting Technician – Private Client Services
Reference ID: MON001R8
From small businesses to some of the world's best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data - and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You'll use your professional skills and experience to make it happen. You won't find an assurance culture like this anywhere else, so whether you're looking for a long-term, or are interested in progressing on to other areas, this is a great place to be.
As an Senior Accounting Technician, you will be a professional member of our PCS Assurance group. Our PCS practice provides specialized audit, accounting, and review services (review engagements, notices to reader, compilation), as well as personal and corporate tax and business advisory services to individuals and privately-owned businesses. Together with our substantial investments in technology, knowledge, and learning resources for our audit professionals, you will be part of the team that delivers quality assurance services to our clients and their stakeholders
Your key responsibilities
As an Accounting Technician, you will assist Managers in organizing the workflow, supporting the organization of review and compilation engagements, preparing corporate, trust, and personal taxes, and in managing communication with the client.
Skills and attributes for success
• Provide monthly and annual bookkeeping for both operating and investment companies
• Prepare payroll, deduction at source, government report forms (CSST, GST and QST)
• Prepare working paper files and financial statements for notice to reader
• Prepare personal and corporate tax returns
• Provide excellent client service experience
• Communicate with government
• Perform any other related tasks
To qualify for the role you must have
• Pre-university degree (DVS or DCS)
• A minimum of three to five years' experience in an accounting firm performing audit, review and compilation engagements
• Knowledge of investments and investment accounting
• Prior experience working with accounting software (Quickbooks, Sage, Simply Accounting and others)
• Knowledge of Caseware/Caseview and Taxprep
• Effective time management skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills to liaise with clients, team members and external parties
• CPA designation is an asset
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in both French and English
Ideally, you'll also have
• The ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic team-oriented environment
What we look for
We're interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Posted: December 6, 2018
Closes: February 4, 2019