Permanent Primary Location:
Gatineau, Quebec, Canada All Available Locations:
External Posting Description
Deloitte's Accounting Services Group (ASG) has the feel of a small firm, but has all the advantages of being part of one of Canada's leading professional services firms. Our clients range in size and include some of Canada's top private companies. You will focus on serving privately owned clients and will have an opportunity to work with a variety of business sectors including manufacturing, agriculture, retail/service, construction, real-estate, transportation, professional services and others. Engagements will vary from stand-alone companies to large corporate groups.
As a Senior Accountant you will:
- Be responsible for all activities required to complete compilation and review engagements
- Identify technical issues and propose solutions
- Prepare financial statements with complete note disclosure, where applicable
- Prepare corporate and/or personal income tax returns and other tax compliance slips
- Assist with simple tax planning strategies
- Complete bank and other account reconciliations
- Carry out bookkeeping activities, as required
- Work with accounting software (TaxPrep, Caseware) and provide support to clients
- Respond to client queries and maintain client relationships
- Complete other related duties, as required
Your role as a senior staff member at Deloitte:
- • Identify and embrace our purpose and values, and put them into practice when executing daily tasks/activities
- • Enhance personal development skills by actively seeking opportunities for growth, sharing knowledge and experiences with others, and acting as a strong brand ambassador for the firm
- • Seek challenging opportunities across businesses and borders and take accountability for personal and team results
- • Build relationships and communicate effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders
- • Understand objectives for clients and Deloitte, align your work to objectives, and set personal priorities
External Posting Qualifications
- 4-5 years of relevant experience, preferably in public accounting or equivalent combination of relevant post-secondary education and hands-on experience
- Possess very good understanding of accounting principles and tax compliance and possess advanced accounting skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and/or French
- Pursuit of a professional accounting designation is an asset
- Quick learning capacity
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills, professional manner and exemplary team work skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive - both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Apply now × Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply